Episode 8

excuse mistakes

Reagan Davis
Age : 19
Houston, Texas

(3 days later..)

It was now Monday and it was the start of my first full week at the hair shop.

I've only worked one half-day and so far everything has been going good. Although there's like two girls who literally hates my guts for no reason.

Alexis told me to not let them interfere with my money and that she would handle the rest.

Right now it was 8:00 which meant I had a little time to get Raelyn situated and myself ready before I went to work.

I'm a bit nervous about leaving her with Jamari's sister but she does really well when babysitting her niece and nephew so I know Raelyn would be in good hands. I'm just scared to how Raelyn will react once she notices my absence.

"Mommy I potty." Raelyn whispered in my ear.

I sighed because this is the third time she's wet the bed. Raelyn is still learning to go to the bathroom on her own but sometimes she gets scared and doesn't want to go alone.

I turned around and lifted the covers.

"C'mon." I mumbled picking her up.

I walked us to the bathroom and started a bath for her. While the water ran I brushed our teeth and washed our face.

After we finished that process I removed her clothes and sat her in the tub.

I washed her hair yesterday so I decided to just put it in two little ponytails.

After I finished her hair I let her play for a little bit while I changed the sheets and covers. I quickly went to the laundry room and started the load.

When I got back in the room I picked her out a striped rumper and some white socks.

"Mommy maid maid." Raelyn shouted

"I see you baby." I smiled walking in to wash her up.

After three scrubs I dried her off and lotioned her down. I decided to put a pull-up on her instead of underwear. I slipped her clothes on and sent her back into the room.

It was now 9:00 so I had to quickly get ready. I took a 15 minute shower making sure to wash up really good. Afterwards I repeated the moisturizing process and did my hair into a bun.

"Mommy door." Raelyn ran to me reaching to be picked up.

"Okay, let's go see who it is." I said adjusting her on my hip.

I opened the door to see Jamari on the other side on his phone. "Hi."

"Wassup, Lex on her way , I was making sure you was up." He said

"Oh yea, we're up and ready, where should I take her?" I asked referring to Raelyn.

"Right there." He replied pointing to his sister's room.

I nodded my head and looked down at Raelyn who was playing with my shirt.

When I looked back up, Jamari was staring into my soul.

"U-Um do I look ok?" I asked looking down.

He frowned and lifted my head. "Stop that shit, you look beautiful."

I blushed and smiled at his comment. "W-Where's Ja'Seem?"

"His bad ass at school until 3:00." He shrugged.