"Definitely don't call me Lord or Perseus. Percy is fine. As for you all, just wait."

"Wait? We can't just wait!" Steve complained. "There are people in danger. We need to help them," he said sternly.

"There's not much you can do without a prophecy or something anyway," I said sympathetically, "so just hang out here until I contact you again. Thor can answer most of your other questions. I need to go now. Bye!"

I walked to the elevators before I remembered I could vapor travel in front of them now. It was a good thing I forgot because I needed to say one more thing.

"Oh, and Tony, Peter, I'll send you the location and codes to my private research facilities tomorrow. You may move in whenever convenient."

Finally, I vapor traveled away. But I didn't go to my palace and rest. Nope. I went to a long, boring meeting on Olympus.

My subject matter was the newest and they didn't think it pressing, so I had to go last. This meant by the time I could bring up Thoon, it would be well past the evening, approaching night. The whole time, I thought about the Avengers. I could tell they were good people. Their hearts were in the right place. But unfortunately, they were outmatched without the help of demigods. And the demigods didn't deserve to fight another threat. They'd done so much already. But Thoon had to be stopped.

Zeus's booming voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Perseus, what is this new threat you wanted to speak of?"

I cleared my throat before speaking. "As you know, I, with the help of the Norse god of thunder, Thor Odinson, took down the three Aeternae that Artemis had been hunting. She agreed to hand the hunt of these monsters over to me because I came across them by accident. Only, it wasn't as much of an accident as I originally thought."

"They were working for someone?" Athena surmised correctly.

"Yes, Thoon. One of the giants, the bane of the Fates. He has resurrected and seeks revenge for what I did to Gaea and for escaping Tartarus. And he thinks the mortals used his father, so Thoon is attacking mortals as well as demigods. I've been hearing prayers about increasing monster attacks. I'm assuming Thoon sent them."

Zeus dismissed the threat. "How is this our concern?"

"Because these are our children!" Apollo argued.

"We've ignored them too many times before and it's almost been our downfall! When will you learn?!" Hermes added.

"Watch your tone with me!" scowled Zeus.

"Peace, Father," Athena soothed, "We were unwise the last few times, but you can show how wise of a king you are by acknowledging this new threat as it is. A threat."

Zeus was slightly appeased by her words but was still stubborn as ever.

"I will acknowledge it as a threat, but we are above such minor occurrences. A few monster attacks and one mere mortal gets abducted. That's nothing for the council to worry about."

Everyone, even Ares and Dionysus, rolled their eyes.

"You wish to underestimate your enemy again?" Hades antagonized.

"Clearly, his head is in the clouds," Poseidon grumbled.

"And your heads are below mine!" roared Zeus, like an impudent child.

Hera looked like she wanted to say something, but people were still unhappy with her excessive meddling with the seven, so she stayed quiet. I figured if I didn't interject, we'd be here for another millennium.

"Uncle, there is not much yet, you are correct. But the demigods are battle weary. The gods simply want your assurance that their children's best interests will be... upheld." At this point, Zeus was clearly not convinced, so I resorted to flattery. "As King of the Gods, they look to you for generosity and benevolence. Qualities people respect, as I should know. What do you say, Lord Zeus?"

The other Olympians gave me grateful looks. There was also determination behind their eyes. They would not stand behind another scant decision. They didn't want to neglect their children any longer. Thankfully, Zeus picked up on the shift of respect without it being his domain. He grudgingly gave in to the council's demands.

"Fine! If Thoon takes claim over these attacks, then I will allow the council to... assist their children. But until then, you are to abide by the Ancient Laws!"

Many thought his conditions folly since the Aeternae already confessed to following Thoon's orders. But they didn't want to ruin their chances of helping their children.

Suddenly, Apollo jumped out of his chair.

"A prophecy! A new prophecy has been spoken! Ha! I told you all Rachel was amazing. My dearest Oracle is much more helpful then..." he didn't finish his sentence, but everyone knew what he would have said. Or rather, which particular king of the gods he would have compared her to.

Before Zeus, who looked more like a tomato, could explode, I announced, "I will visit the demigod heroes and hear the prophecy myself. We will see what Chiron has to say."

I couldn't openly say I would guide the chosen demigods on their quest, but I could say I'd consult Chiron. Regardless of my words, the council, save Zeus, knew what I meant. They silently thanked me with polite nods. Zeus dismissed the meeting and we all parted ways. I ended up at the hearth of Camp Half-Blood.