Chapter 20 - Awake

Loki waited by your side all day and all night. For days on end. He refused care, most nourishment and especially the idea of leaving your side for any time being.

The way the sun hit your face, only just shaded by lace curtains he drew closed. Your skin looked better with each day, less sickly, returning to that beautiful s/c colour he never once forgot to admire.

From Diana to Odin, they would pay a visit, though unlike the welcomeness Loki presented to the rest, he sneered and shut you away from the King. He didn't fear retaliation, he saw the almost regretful look in the one eye Odin held.

But that look was too late, he had caused this, not directly but if he hadn't scared you away... hadn't belittled you to the point of tears... none of this would have happened.

~~~

"Gods... that was a good nap," you had adjusted to the sun, the sound and feeling of a hand clutching yours. Beside in a chair sat Loki, curled with a blanket. "You idiot..." Sitting upright, you felt the wound to be sealed up, bandages and the smell of herbs left along your abdomen. "My love, wake up,"

"A little while longer, Y/n... Y/n!" He snapped his eyes open, nearly dragging you down to the floor with him. "Oh, thank the nines, you're awake!"

"I said I would take a nap,"

"Naps don't last a week, my darling," he pouts.

"A week?? I was asleep for that long??"

"Yes, and it..." Loki let out a much needed yawn. "It was quite worrying,"

"Were you here the entire time?!" You leaned forward and clutched his face. "You smell like it," scrunching up your nose, he let out a scoff. "Loki, take a shower, eat some food and drink some water, you look awful,"

"I feel very loved,"

"You'll be more loved once you take care of yourself, now go,"

~~~

"Does this suffice?" Loki returned looking much better.

"More than," He immediately lifted you in his arms and teleported you both to your room.

"I will never get used to that..." the bed was much better, big enough for Loki to slip beside you. Moments passed, just the two of you sharing soft affections until you felt him drift slowly. "Knowing you, you're in lack of a good sleep,"

"You expect me to rest while you're injured?"

"I was healing, Loki, you must only worry if I'm on the verge of death,"

"I will always worry for you, my princess," you hum lovingly at the kiss he placed on your crown.

"Do not think it's not reciprocated, my prince," clutching his cheek gently you placed a much needed kiss against his lips.

"I don't doubt it is, but you are of main concern, so your wellbeing is much more important,"

~~~

"Here they are," Frigga peeked her head into your chambers to see both people. Loki lifted his gaze from the book in his hand to his mother.

"She's asleep,"

"Like she hasn't had enough of that," Frigga laughed, walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed. "We must talk to her,"

Odin, Thor, and a few guards walk in causing Loki to sneer. "Very well," he placed down the book and mumbled into your ear. "My love, there are people here to talk to you,"

"Tell them I'm busy,"

Loki chuckled as you curled closer. "What if I told you it was Thor and the Allfather?" your eyes snapped open, your body sitting up too fast that a sharp jab could be felt in your gut. "Careful,"

"I'm... alright," taking a moment to adjust you lower your head in a make-shift bow. "Your highness,"

Odin stayed silent as Thor walked forward. "Y/n, we need to know everything about that night,"

"I just got back to my room after dinner and thought they were Loki... I was facing away and they wrapped an arm around my waist..."

"They what?" Loki snarled but sighed when you squeezed his hand. "Apologies,"

"It's alright... I fear my fate would have been worse if I hadn't seen the reflection in the mirror," your finger points to the vanity.

"Perfect," Frigga glides forward and lets her hand rest on the mirror. Ripples formed, the mirror turning like a contained liquid, mercury of sorts. The queen rose her other hand to transfer the liquid through her being and into a soft green glow.

~~~

Yip yip

Yip yip

- Anna ❤️