Chapter 24 - Banishing

"Fera, for your crimes against the throne, you are herby banished from the nine realms, you will live out your days on a plane of chaos of the name Sakaar," Odin banged his staff.

"Thank you, Allfather," she bows and skips on out of there as the Royal family looked confused, turning to your small laughs.

"What is it, Y/n?" Odin turns.

"Nothing, she just got what she wanted," you smile as she waves from the gates.

"What she wanted?" Thor steps forward.

"I had a small talk with her before the trial... she wanted to leave with style, and I guess she did," descending the stairs Loki followed you close behind.

"You visited the prisons?"

"Don't you start," you pat his cheek and face the Allfather. "Thank you, Odin,"

"You are welcome...?" Odin almost asked with a faint smile. "Oh, before I forget, there will be a ball in a few days, in honour of you both,"

~~~

"Gods, this is-" Tiana tugged once more on your corset. "Horrible! How do people wear this all the time??"

"We just got it on," Elisa fixed your hair as another groan from the tugging exits your lips.

"Tighter," You stare at your reflection. "Keep on going, I can do this, who needs air?"

"You look fine, Y/n," Alvilda assures. "You weren't this picky when you went to the masquerade according to Missus Diana,"

"That's because you couldn't see my gross mug," scrunching up your face you lower your head and clutch onto the vanity. "People will actually see my face this time, I'm going to be presented as Loki's partner, I need to look good,"

"Nonsense," the girls spin to the door where Loki was leaning against. "Ladies, would you leave us?"

"Of course, you majesty," they scurry out, leaving for you to tie up the knot.

"You look close to passing out, love," Loki stopped you from tying off the corset.

"Beauty is pain, darling,"

"No, it's not," he unties the knot and loosens the corset making you scowl. "You don't need this," he unclipped the front and threw it aside leaving you in your under garments.

"Hey-"

"Y/n, listen to me," wraps his hands around you, hugging you gently from behind. "You are perfect the way you are,"

"All the other women use corsets-"

"But you're not other women, you're you," his head rested on yours. "Their bodies are nothing compared to yours," trailing his hand along your sides, he placed soft kisses along your crown. "You look ravishing, my love, I may just skip the ball to make sure you know exactly how perfect you are,"

"Tempting," you hum and kiss him from the side. "But everyone is expecting us, so off you go," you shove him out the room as the girls scurry in just as you slam and lock the door.

~~~

"Is it too late to turn back?" You try and tug Loki back before the doors opened.

"I'm here, my love, breathe, it will all be fine,"

"Prince Loki of Asgard and his maiden, Lady Y/n,"

"Smile, my love," that's what you did, your eye kept itself on the warriors and Sif as they waved at you and Loki.

"This is excruciating,"

"Just a few more steps-" Of course with your luck, you nearly trip over and fall, only for Loki to hang onto you tight. "Are you alright?"

"Yup," you squeak, looking at the amused dukes and duchesses. "I'm alright," Finally meeting the marble ground, you both walk over to the king and queen. "Messed that up, didn't I?"

"You were fine, you should have seen when I first did that, I took Odin down with me!"

"It was hilarious," Odin chuckles. "Now, enjoy yourselves,"

"How long will this torture last?" you cross your arms as Odin rolls his eye, dropping when a few eyes pried in disgust at your manners.

"Last a few hours or so, then you may run off and... do whatever young lovers do," Odin looks to Frigga. "Remember when that night? We couldn't-"

"Please, details are not needed!" Loki sings as you pat his arm.

"Very well... And Loki? I wish to speak to you soon,"

"How soon?"

"Enjoy one dance with Y/n then return,"

"Of course, Allfather," Loki bows and leads you away. The dance was simple. Or at least simpler than the first dance you ever had with Loki. Frigga and Odin had given you a few dancing lessons which thoroughly impressed the trickster.

"Now, go see what Odin wants," you shoo Loki off and smile as he kisses your hand one last time.

"Did you hear how she referred to the Allfather?" A woman whispers to her friends. Aristocrats were always full of gossip.

"Disgrace,"

"To think the Prince would settle so low,"

"Did you hear? She's a maid!"

Walking away quickly, the voices never left, spreading like wildfire ignited by your words.

"She wishes for status,"

"A wench,"

"Unworthy of such perks,"

"Look at how she is presented,"

"Could there be anyone more unattractive?"

This was the last straw. You grabbed your dress and left, slipping through the crowd. The doorman was about to wish you a goodnight but you sped past and down the hall. Dragging behind, you saw a few duchesses eye you with grins.

Pushing open the kitchen doors you see it to be dead empty. Nothing but specs of dust fluttering in the streaming moonlight.

This is where you belonged. Not amongst royals, gossiping dukes and duchesses or warriors known throughout the realms.

You belonged here in the kitchens as a maid.

It was your status.

Always was.

Always will be.

~~~

Oop-

Oop-

- Anna ❤️