Chapter 13 - A gift

"Excuse me, ladies, is Y/n here?" Thor quips to the kitchen staff.

"Right here, sparkles," you rush over.

"Sparkles?"

"You know, because you control sparkles,"

"It's lightning, Y/n," he sighs.

"Same thing... did you give the flowers?" he nods. "Thank you, it means a lot,"

"Oh, and your gift," he holds out a medium sized box.

"Why is it so big?" you let the ribbon drape over your arms as you peek inside to see not only the speaker but a bunch of cassettes. "You did not..."

"Oh, I did-" you put the box down and engulf him in a hug. "I'm glad you approve, Stark and the spiderling took me to a store filled with them,"

"Send them my thanks! Oh this is brilliant, we have to show the rest!" you look over to Diana who nods in approval. "I'll work double tomorrow!"

"Have fun," she chuckles as you dragged the prince to the lounge.

"How was Midgard?"

"It was wonderful as usual... though..."

"Though?"

"Lady Jane ended our courtship..."

"Oh, Thor," you push open the lounge room and see it was empty. "Come on, sit down, let's talk,"

~~~

"I just don't see why she would do such a thing... I understand her need for intimacy but surely if she loves you she would risk it,"

"Natasha said it was her loss,"

"And Natasha is correct! Thor, don't mourn, you are charming, loving, caring and noble! You have the looks and humor to woo any maiden in all nine realms, think not of this as loss but as a victory for you options lay open for more love!-"

What in the nines?? Thor was... he was kissing you.

"Thor!" you pull back with a scowl. "What in the nines??"

"I... I'm sorry, I thought..."

"Thor, I say this as a friend not a suitor, kissing me for solace will bring temporary comfort and maybe pain because I do not return the feelings," clutching his large hands tight you smile. "Listen to me, I am not for you, my heart lies in another's hands, not yours,"

"Why?"

"Because to me, you are a friend, and I know you think the same as I, that kiss was longing in comfort without thought, you didn't take into account it was me, I can tell,"

His head dropped in defeat. "I'm sorry,"

"I cannot blame your actions... but I do believe I have the right to do this," you lift his cheek and punch him square in the jaw.

His face snaps up with a shocked groan. "Gods, woman, you have quite the punch,"

"Thank you,"

~~~

"Thor, what happened to your jaw??" Sif rushed over to take a look.

"My doing!" You sing happily, changing the cassette.

"Your doing?? Why? How?" Volstagg gawks.

"The idiot kissed me," you snicker at his embarrassment.

"You kissed her?" Loki's growl was low.

"Don't worry, Lokes, he wasn't thinking, Lady Jane and him are no longer courting and he looked for temporary intimacy,"

"Yes, yes, no need to rub it in my face, though I did gain information I wish you would elaborate on..."

"Do go on, I'm an open book," you look through the cassettes one by one.

"'My heart lies in another's hands', who is this other person?" the cassettes scramble, clattering on the ground.

"Pfft, what? I never said that!"

"You did," Thor grins, kicking his legs up on the table.

"I'm an open book to anything but that," you put the fallen tapes back in the box before taking one. The slot opened and played the music.

"Fine... who would you want to court in this realm?"

"Who said he was in this realm?" You muse.

"Midgard?"

"Sure, whatever makes you sleep soundly at night," A tape catches your eye, a mixtape made by Stark himself. Promising; in marker read the title 'for the group'. "Stark made a mixtape... should I play it?"

"He says he does have the best music taste according to himself,"

The tape started to roll.

Girl, I love it when your body (Grinds on me)

"Oh, gods," you scrunch your face up.

But c'mon, strip that down for me, baby
Now there's a lot of people in the crowd
But only you can dance with me

Fandral seemed to be the only enjoying the music... Surprise, no?

"Come on, Y/n," Fandral lifted you up, placing a hand on your waist and starting to sway.

"You're insufferable for liking this," he spins you around under his hand, flushing your back against his chest.

"You enjoy this~"

"I don't, but I will enjoy this," you lock your foot behind his leg and pull it under causing him to fall back. "So much better than I expected," you bend over to shadow his groaning figure.

"Evil woman,"

"Yes, I am well aware," kneeling down you continue to search the box turning up with nothing. "It's getting late,"

"Too late for a drink?" Volstagg takes out a flask.

"I have a job, and I wish not for it to feel like I'm being stabbed in the skull tomorrow morning," The player was shut off and placed in the box. "Thank you for the gift, Thor,"

"You are welcome, do you wish for an escort?"

"I'm a big girl, I am capable of walking back alone," saluting them goodbye, the group smiled softly before turning to Fandral who was still on the floor.

"What?"

"Weak," Sif coughs.

~~~

Yuh

Yuh

- Anna ❤️