Chapter 10 - Half breed

This was bad.

Bad. Oh so very bad.

You were falling, and the landing would not be pretty.

You were falling for Loki.

When you first met him you just looked for a companion from your lack thereof. He was who you confined in, it wasn't often but when you did spend the day cleaning the library, he would accompany you.

In places you never saw him before on your routine, he was now there, passing by to always give you a smile.

Changing from 'Oh, there's Loki' to 'I hope Loki is there today'.

Insufferable. You were becoming like Fera. The only difference is you didn't care that he was a prince.

That was a lie. You did care but not in the way most would think.

You were concerned about what The Allfather and Allmother would say. They would never allow Loki to stoop so low. And why would he want to?

He was Prince Loki of Asgard!

And you? Y/n L/n of... nothing!

~~~

"Y/n!" Thor had called from you across the hall just as you were talking with a guard to give a message to Diana.

"Afternoon, Thor, what can I do for you?"

"I am to leave for Midgard this eve, I was hopeful you would request a gift for me to bring you?"

"A gift? Thor, I couldn't possibly-"

"I insist, your work and company has meant quite a lot for us all, and I, on behalf of the others, would wish to present a token of gratitude,"

A smile tipped on your lips as you hugged the god. "Thank you, Thor,"

"Not a hassle, Y/n, now state your want,"

~~~

Running down the halls with a bouquet of flowers, determination to find Thor flowed strong. There he was, just leaving the palace entrance.

"Thor!" He spun around to smile brightly at you. "Thank the gods I got here in time, I have a favour to ask of you,"

"Anything,"

"Green-wood cemetery, (Mother's full name), would you place these down on her grave?"

Thor took the rainbow roses and nodded. "It will be a priority,"

"Thank you," curtsying for the god just as the Allfather and Mother exited to bid their son goodbye. "My king, My queen,"

Feet tapped against the sandstone, your smile bright and thankful.

"Who is she?" Odin looked to Thor.

"Y/n L/n, brilliant woman, she works as a maid in the palace,"

Odin hummed, eyes your figure disappearing around the corner. "And her brilliance lies in...?"

"Many things, literature mainly, she takes interest in Midgardian literature, being half of Midgard herself," Thor looked proud to be friends with you.

"Half Midgardian?" Odin laughs sourly.

"Odin, please, Y/n is a sweet girl, Loki has taken a fondness to her as I have as well," Frigga took his hand.

"You have taken fondness as has Loki? This is absurd,"

"Father, you must get to know her, she has wit and is quick with her tongue," Thor pleads.

"I shall not talk to a servant and see her as an equal, her status is low and shall stay that way, especially with blood tainted with Midgard," Odin huffs before walking back to the throne room.

"I will speak to him, enjoy your trip, my son," Frigga pinches Thor's cheek before catching up with her husband.

~~~

"Odin," Frigga looked to dismiss the guards. Once they dispersed out the room, she turned back. "To what reason are you so against a half Midgardian companion for our sons?"

"It's an abomination to mix high status blood with Midgard's filth," he said calmly.

"Is it just Midgard? Or does your prejudice against mixed blood run through each branch of Yggdrasil?" Frigga ascended the steps to meet his gaze as the throne seat was taken.

"Pure blood should run strong in a race,"

"And is that why you chose me? Amongst other suitors? Because I was the only Asgardian?"

"No, Frigga, of course not," he lifted himself and clutched her face. "I chose you because of you, nothing to do with your blood,"

"Then why should it matter who our sons court let alone befriend?"

"Because they are next in line, Thor had pushed it with that Midgard scientist, but if Loki seeks confinement with a half breed maid, you will be damned if I let such a thing happen,"

"There it is again, you favour Thor over Loki," Frigga's frustrations were well held. "This is why he dislikes you, you don't even hide your preference,"

"I have no preference," Odin stepped back to his throne, his tone meant the end of the conversation.

~~~

The Queen paced her light feet along the library floor, almost inaudible tapping filling the silence until she saw your figure round the corner, cleaning equipment in hand.

"Oh, your majesty, apologies, I was just cleaning the shelves,"

"Not to worry, Y/n," The fact she knew your name shocked you. "Do you clean the library often?"

"Once every two days around this time... usually no one is in here,"

"Well, thank you, my dear, you are dismissed," she watched as your curtsied and left.

~~~

Odin is a dick

Odin is a dick

- Anna ❤️