Part I: Chapter 13

༻✺༺

༻✺༺

Chapter 13 | ❝ I'm going to kill him. ❞

Friday, September 28th, 2018 - 1:57 p.m.

WAIT, HOLD ON.....You mean to tell me that your notes have been disappearing and you haven't done anything at all to delete them?" Mason questioned with disbelief.

Zach nodded in reply. "That's exactly what I'm trying to tell you," he confirmed with an exasperated sigh. "I don't know what's going on. My mom's taken a look at my laptop. So has my sister, Harper, and even Kelsey. I don't get it."

"Maybe it's a virus?" he suggested. He was truly confused.

August spoke up for the first time that afternoon. "It's not a virus. They can't just....delete entire documents off your computer. Besides, things saved on Google Drive can be accessed anywhere."

Mason shrugged a little. "Yeah, that's true."

"I'm surprised I didn't fail the Trig test that I needed my notes for last Friday," Zach commented in wonder. "I got help, but still."

"It's because of that girl you've been hanging out with, right?" Mason assumed with a wink of which Zach was unable to see.

Zach decided to be honest. "Yeah, she's my friend. She offered to help me out with it."

"Are you sure she's just a friend?" Mason prodded playfully

It was as if the roles were reversed when August elbowed his friend in the arm wordlessly. Mason winced and let out an "ow" which left Zach confused. After Mason's quick recovery, he decided to explain.

"Sorry, it was just a jo-" he began to reply before Harper accidentally cut him off.

"What's going on?" the sandy blond-haired boy asked his friends, jogging up to them while holding his AP Psychology textbook. "I just saw August elbow Mason and he never does anything that isn't passive."

"Mason's just being dumb. Nothing new." August muttered, becoming silent once again.

Mason appeared to be quite offended. "Hey-!"

"Hi, Harper." Zach was still quite puzzled by what exactly was going on, so he simply chose to greet his friend.

Harper smiled at the boy with black hair in front of him. "Hey, Zach. Are you doing alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright," Zach assured him in a quieter tone than usual. "I'm just very confused and my notes for every school subject keep disappearing somehow."

"They're still disappearing?" Harper appeared to be shocked, especially after over a week of that particular mystery. "Are you sure it isn't some sort of virus?"