Chapter 156: Being Chased Everywhere in Life

"It can't be considered as saving you, fellow deity. Your cultivation level wasn't sub-par, so it seemed that I had acted unnecessarily." Zhu Yao said truthfully.

Mo Xianxian's face stiffened, and for a moment, she was a little embarrassed. "Back then, I indeed have some urgent matters to attend to, so... I hope fellow deity will forgive me." Though, these words of hers were extremely sincere, and even more so, she was determined to reconcile. It wasn't good for Zhu Yao to continue being pretentious from here either. After all, back then, she sought trouble on her own, and Mo Xianxian did not force her to save her.

"Forget it. I never thought about it too much in the first place." At the very most, she was simply a little irritated for having her dimensional space bound.

"Thank you, fellow deity." Mo Xianxian heaved a sigh of relief, and hesitantly asked. "I wonder what kind of relationship you have with that arrow spirit?"

Zhu Yao turned around, and looked at her with narrowed eyes. "You're talking about Goudan?"

"Yes, back then, he..." No matter how she thought about it, she couldn't understand how these two people came together.

"Don't worry. Goudan never had the intention to capture you and make you his furnace, he truly likes you." As a boss, there's still a need for her to help build a sense of presence for her underling. "He has already repented, and will no longer do anything bad."

A hint of a strange expression flashed past Mo Xianxian's face, as she still did not have any good impressions of Goudan. However, out of consideration, she did not bring this topic up again. "Since that's the case, during the entry selection match tomorrow, I hope to seek your care, fellow deity. This one here will give all she has, and I will not bring fellow deity down."

"Entry selection match?" Zhu Yao blanked. "What entry selection match?"

"Fellow deity, did you not take note of it in the great hall earlier?" Mo Xianxian patiently explained. "In the tournament tomorrow, two people will form a group, and it's based on the numbers on our jade tablets. Hence, the two of us will be in the same group."

Zhu Yao recalled the 'Alpha Two' on the jade tablet. So it wasn't used to just allocate their rooms, but also the groups for the tournament? No wonder she took the initiative to greet her, and did not fuss about the matters regarding Goudan as well. It was actually because of this. Indeed, being in the same group, if there was some sort of conflict between the two members, it would definitely be detrimental for the competition. Zhu Yao frowned. This sort of schemed apology which carried a certain goal made her feel very uncomfortable.

In an instant, she no longer had the mood for idle chatter. After exchanging some formal words, they returned to their respective lodgings. In regards to the tournament tomorrow, she wasn't that worried. That competition could be considered a school entrance examination. Back then, she had even swept her eyes through the hall, and the cultivation levels of those disciples were all at the Earth Deity level, while she was the only Profound Deity. Hence, no matter how one could see it, she held the guaranteed advantage. What she was really worried about was...

"Master. Did you locate that person's presence?"

"No."

As she thought!

Zhu Yao was a little disappointed. "Master, just when can you leave?"

Yu Yan was silent for a moment. "Spatial formations are considerably more complicated. It will take some time."

"Can't I have Goudan bring the two of you out?" Theoretically speaking, since Goudan was the owner of the dimensional space, he should be able to bring out the items within it.