2ꨄ

Damon and Evelyn enter the crowded ball making her breath hitch "Calm down

Damon and Evelyn enter the crowded ball making her breath hitch "Calm down." Damon says, putting an arm around her waist and she tries to catch her breath but fails to do so as she looks down to her beautiful gold glittery dress.

She and Damon move around "Of all the dresses, Damon." She sighs in annoyance as she feels insecure, her dress stood out, looking more like a dress from the fiction movie which technically made her look like a fictional character.

Damon grabs three glasses of champagne and hands one to Evelyn "Well, when I was dress shopping, I thought 'What's the best dress to get a romance, book loving nerd?' And then it hit me, a fantasy royal dress!" Damon smiles but her frown only deepens making him drop his smile "You should give yourself more credit. You look beautiful."

She looks up at him with twinkling eyes, she of all people knows that Damon doesn't throw around compliments so he must mean it "Really?" She asks and he hums as a 'yes'.

They stop in front of Carol. Evelyn didn't really like Carol as the brunette was really...strict and expected women to act like polite ladies and always had high expectations, way to high for her wrench of a town "Hello Carol." Damon hands her a glass of champagne.

"Hello." Carol smiles as she clings glasses with Damon, her eyes travel to Evelyn "You look absolutely stunning, my dear." Carol smiles at the shy blonde as Damon gives her a 'I told you so' look.

"Heh, thank you, so do you, Mrs.Lockwood." Evelyn shyly cracks a slight smile as she nervously plays with her hand, Damon hated when he had done that but she wasn't going to stop a habit she had gotten used to for him.

Damon smirks at Carol "Hanging out with your new besties?" He teases the Mayor as Evelyn takes a couple of deep breaths but it's like swallowing water and it disappears when it enters your tongue.

Carol smiles, not noticing the blonde having a panic attack, Evelyn had learned how to act as if everything's fine, even if it wasn't, she would claim she's doing just fine and they would always
believe her "I'm the mayor, Damon. When the oldest, deadliest, family of vampires moves into your town, you welcome them with a smile."

Suddenly, air fills her lungs making her breathe in relief, Damon spares a worried look at the blonde before looking back to Carol "Hmm, Well at least you know who you're borrowing that cup of sugar from."

Carol sighs as Evelyn lets her eyes dance around the guests, hoping the night goes quietly and no drama "I'm trying to protect this town. They've assured
me they want peace, and I've assured them that I'd enforce it." Carol tells Damon with a confident tone, trusting the Originals with her town.

A handsome brown haired man with a playful smirk, chocolate eyes and short hair steps forward and kisses Carols hand "Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met. Kol Mikaelson. I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it." He introduces himself the turns to Evelyn, completely ignoring Damon's existence "And who are you?"