Y5 .。:+*✧ Living With A Marauder

Start from the beginning

"Moony, you wanted me?" Y/N asked her godfather weakly.

"Just a second, kiddo..." Lupin muttered, ordering his knight to move on the chessboard.

"Ahem, I thought we agreed you'd stop calling me kiddo?" Y/N blinked around the three, but none of them took their eyes off the chessboard. She scoffed and went around the sofa to sit on the empty spot behind Rolf. "You know, I'm starting to think-"

"CHECKMATE!" Lupin bellowed, clapping his hands loudly. Rolf whistled and applauded for him, as Tonks' hair turned bright red. "I win! I win! I win-!"

"Only once," Tonks muttered, shaking her hair back to brown. "I won the round before with Rolf, and I defeated you the day before-"

"I'm sorry, but I didn't just leave my letter-writing just to watch you all play chess." Y/N said grimly.

"Right, right- sorry, Y/N." Lupin cleared his throat, his face still plastered with a triumphant smile. "So, er- why did I call you down here again?"

"Remus!" Y/N exclaimed and mentally face palmed. Remus' face turned slightly red.

"You called her here to talk about her power," Tonks reminded him, with smile and a nudge on the arm.

"Oh, yes- right-" Lupin nodded. "Y/N, Nymphadora has some inf-"

"It's Tonks." Tonks said quickly.

"You know, I personally still think Nymphadora's beautiful name-"

"Tonks. My name is Tonks." Said the brown-haired witch stubbornly. Y/N and Rolf looked between the two adults in amusement.

"Alright, Tonks," Remus grinned. "so Tonks, here, has some information about your ability to turn things into dust, and she says she wants to talk to you about it."

"Oh, alright," Y/N raised her eyebrows slightly. Tonks turned to Rolf and Remus.

"It won't be interesting, so you two could leave." She said to the two wizards.

"She's my goddaughter," Remus frowned. "I want to know whatever you have to tell, as much as she does."

"And I'm her neighbor's friend's teacher's second cousin, so I have the right to know, too." Rolf said with a smile.

Tonks rolled her eyes and muttered a 'fine', before turning back to Y/N.

"So, I wanna know, Y/N," the witch started. "Since when did your powers start showing?"

"I'm not sure..." Y/N frowned thoughtfully. "It started when I was really young- I think the first time it really started showing was when I exploded Rolf's toy broomstick when I was, like, five."

"My grudge continues till this day." Rolf said, crossing his arms. Remus chuckled.

"And when did it start to become a regular thing?" Tonks asked, ignoring the boys.

"Well- it stopped for a while, then came back again, during third year," Y/N said, grinning at the memory of her exploding Snape's cauldron into dust. "Kinda gave Snape a scare."