T E N

THIRD PERSON's POV:

"You're in a chipper mood this morning." Petra noticed, setting a tea next to the man who dipped his paintbrush in the paint.

"I suppose I am, and what about it, Petra?" His eyes shifted towards her, a hint of amusement in them as he picked up the tea.

The strawberry blonde laughed, "Nothing sir, you just seem happier."

"Oi, of course he's happier, he had a date last night." Oluo clicked his tongue in annoyance as he stood next to Petra, "And how come you never get me anything to drink?"

"You have two working legs, right?" Her amber eyes shooting daggers at the taller man, "Besides, our boss is busy with meeting his deadline. He needs all the time he can get to work."

The painter tuned them out as a slight smirk grew on his face as he remembered the events of last night. The memories and feeling of Hanji on top of him, grinding and moaning, Levi snapped out of his trance. The brush in his hand faltering on the canvas, "Get a grip." He scolded himself.

Luckily for him, his two colleagues were gone, continuing on with their bickering out of his office. The date from last night pushed him to continue drawing again, but this time, he started anew.

The lingering feeling of touching the artwork that Hanji touched, it haunted him. He didn't know why, but he just couldn't bring himself to touch it. Not even to move it somewhere else.

He feared for what would happen to it, or to her.

Hours passed as his hand began to cramp up. His colleagues had come and gone, Petra had wished Levi a good weekend and that she'd see him on Monday. The sunset left an apocalyptic feel as the lights littered the canvas, the figures in the background melting as he pulled focus to the woman in the center.

Her normally inquisitive brown eyes lured you in, her expression now changing to sweet and luminous. From the moment you locked gazes, you'd fall in love. The eerie feeling that all along this woman had known you since the day you met, perhaps even before then.

Were they once lovers who were doomed in another world? Only to reunite in another?

The bliss of life kissing her olive skin, not a hint of imperfection shown on her. But once you meet her, know her, you'll realize just how imperfect she is. The haunting of death looming over and in one snatch, she'd be gone.

The haunting look in her eyes makes you wonder if she knows when she's going to die.

Did she know that she was going to die in another world?

Levi inched closed, his face nearly on top of hers as his phone vibrated. His eyes searched for his phone as he looked at the time.

"It's almost two?" He asked himself, "Did I really lose track of time painting this?"