S E V E N

THIRD PERSON's POV:

He stared at the painting, he was too nervous to touch it. The thought almost strikes fear into his heart, the feeling that one day this will be the only thing that was left of her.

Levi couldn't shake this feeling off, it stuck to him like a fly caught in a spiders web. And the more he tried to fight it, the more he got stuck. He almost didn't hear the door open as his friends came in, but the chatter and laughter of a young girl brought him to attention.

"Hey big bro, you done with your project yet?" The red head asked as she set the groceries down.

He shook his head, "Not yet, I think I need a new canvas."

"What's wrong with the one you have now?" Farlan asked, "Did you manage to stain it somehow?"

Even asking the question, Isabel and Farlan knew the answer to that. Hell would have to freeze over before Levi would manage to stain something and be unable to clean it out.

"Tch, of course not." He replied, crossing his arms in annoyance, "What are you two doing here?"

"Well, when I came by here the other day, I noticed your pantry was empty. So I took it upon myself to buy you groceries." Isabel grinned, throwing an apple towards her friends way.

Levi caught it with ease, looking down at it before walking over to the sink and washing it off, "Pass me the knife." He muttered, slicing the apple into slices.

Farlan sat down at the stool next to him, "Anything new going on with your life? I feel like it's been a while since we hung out."

He shrugged, "Somehow I got roped into asking this crazed woman out, now I need a date idea."

"Take her out to dinner." The sandy blond suggested, picking up a slice, a loud crunch filling the air, "Not too fancy though, she might only want you for your money."

The words Farlan said had taken an impact on Levi as he thought back to the days he'd pay for Hanji's lunch. She didn't seem like the gold digger type, and she certainly didn't seem to know who he was. So that suggestion flew out the window as he proceeded to disagree with Farlan.

"No, she's just a broke college student."

Isabel groaned, "Y'all suck, dinner and movie dates are so unoriginal. Take her somewhere where you actually have to talk to her."

"If I do that, she might converse me to death." The man shrugged, "Hanji loves to talk, even when there's nothing to talk about, she finds a way."

"But," Farlan paused as he broke the apple, "isn't that a good thing? You'll never run out of things to talk about."

He paused for a moment, his posture straightening as he realized that his friend was right. It seemed like a curse, but really, it could be a blessing in disguise. But of course, he wasn't going to let Farlan know that he's right.

"No, I like my peace and quiet." He answered before slapping Farlan's hand away from his food.

•••

"Alright, alright, alright." Isabel slurred her words, the moon rising high in the sky as the trio chuckled at her antics.

Levi swigged his beer in his bottle, putting his input in every now and then. But he was perfectly content with being quiet, Farlan and Isabel continued their drunken antics as Levi's phone suddenly vibrated.

 But he was perfectly content with being quiet, Farlan and Isabel continued their drunken antics as Levi's phone suddenly vibrated

With every text he sent, he felt more buzzed. Levi felt alive, and excited even, and he knew it wasn't the alcohol. It was a tragedy, but alcohol didn't affect him, he didn't get to escape this world like everyone else. But maybe he had another way.

 But maybe he had another way

"A brand new world!" Farlan sobbed, wrapping his arm around the red head

She shoved him off, "No, you fucking dumbass." Isabel slurred, missing a step, "It's a whole new world. Oh my god, bro!"

Levi tucked his phone into his pocket and looked up to see his friend clench his arm, "Disney date. Take her to Disney, it'll be so romantic, bro!"

"Let's go, you're not gonna be Aladdin and attempt to jump off the roof." He ushered his friends, but Isabel's suggestion stayed with him.

Maybe a Disney date would be a good idea, they'll have no choice but to talk while they wait in lines. He'll have to thank her later, for when she's of sound mind.

A/N: I swear to god, if I get one more pm from Wattpad about the doujinshi I posted in my one-shots. I'm going to delete my account, I've re-edited the chapters so many times I'm about to cry🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

Instagram: levihansociety
Published: 01/27/2021
Word Count: 800 words