Chapter 33

"How is it they knew we were there?" Harry asked as the four of us walked around outside, figuring out where to stay for the night. 

"Maybe you still have the trace on you?" Hermione suggested. 

"Can't be, trace breaks at 17. It's Wizarding Law." Ron reminded us. Hermione and I gasped, realizing we forgot about Harry's birthday cake at the Burrow. 

"We didn't celebrate your birthday, Harry. Sophia and I prepared a cake. We were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding." Hermione cried. 

"Look, Hermione, honestly, I appreciate the thought, but really given the fact that we were almost killed by a couple of Death Eaters a few minutes ago..." Harry didn't finish his sentence. 

"Right. Perspective." Hermione nodded to herself. 

"We need to get off the streets, get somewhere safe." Ron said. 

"My family has a beach house in Australia we haven't used in a decade." I brought up. 

"Something a bit closer, but thank you for the suggestion." Harry gave me a small smile. 

"Grimmauld Place, then." I shrugged. 

"Grimmauld Place! How could I forget!" Hermione facepalmed. "You're brilliant, Sophia."

"I try." I blushed. 

We quietly walked into the dark and quiet 12 Grimmauld Place, our wands ready for anything. When Ron closed the door, the hallway lights above us lit up and something began to form in front of us. My eyes widened when I saw Dumbledore's figure flying toward us, his arm reaching out. 

"Holy shit!" I squealed, closing my eyes. 

"What was that all about?" Ron asked, shaken up. 

"Probably Mad-Eye's idea, in case Snape decided to come snooping." Hermione muttered. We all kept quiet when we heard a rustling in the kitchen. "Homenum Revelio." 

"We're alone." I spoke when nothing was revealed. 

"Sophia, wake up please." I heard Harry whisper underneath me. 

"Sorry." I mumbled, noticing I was laying on top of him instead of on the couch we squeezed on last night. 

"Someone's here." My eyes widened as I heard a clang and I quickly got up to grab my wand. "Stay here."

"No, I'm coming-" I cut Harry off. 

"Now is not the time. Stay. Here." I ordered and he slowly sat back down. 

I had my wand raised as I walked to the kitchen where I heard the noise. I snuck in and saw a figure with a hood on rummaging through the cabinets, I guess finding something to eat. I kept my wand on them before pulling their hood down. 

"Tori?" I whispered in shock. 

"Soph." She quickly pulled me into a hug. 

"What the bloody hell are you doing here? How did you get here?" I whispered angrily. 

"I apparated her as close as I could." I turned to see my twin sister. 

"You scared the absolute shit out of us!" I scolded, hugging her as well. 

"Sorry. Mum and dad mostly lock us in our rooms and forget to feed us. Astoria told me about this place. We didn't think anyone would be here." Daphne explained.