Chapter 22

"Sophia!" I snapped out of my daydream and looked over at Astoria. "What are you doing staring at Draco like that?" 

"Nothing. I just... Something's off." I trailed off, think about the Dark Mark I saw on his arm earlier. 

"I thought so too." She shrugged as Pansy walked up to us. 

"Dearest Soph, I would like to know what your first class is?" She asked, plopping down beside Astoria, in front of me. 

"Advanced Potions." I read my timetable.

"Oh my goodness!" She squealed. 

"I'm guessing you do too." I sighed, rubbing my forehead. 

"What is wrong with you?" She asked. "Weren't you with Potter all night?" 

"She was, but she thinks there's something off with Draco." Astoria answered for me. 

"Oh, I think so too. You don't think he's a Death Eater, do you?" She whispered to us, making me choke on my pumpkin juice. 

"No way. He's only 16." Astoria shook her head. 

"What do you think, Soph?" Pansy asked as they both turned to me. 

"Too hard to tell." I lied. "Come on, let's get to Potions."

"But I just got here! I haven't even had anything to eat yet!" Pansy cried, shoving a piece of toast in her mouth as she ran after me. 

"I swear, I can smell Ronald and he's not even taking Potions." Hermione scoffed as she walked up to me and Pansy. 

"Yeah, I can smell Harry, too." I sniffed the air. "Weird." 

"I don't know what you're talking about, all I can smell is Draco." Pansy spoke to us quietly. "What is going on?" 

"Ah, I'm sure you ladies are just smelling the Amortentia." I jumped when Professor Slughorn appeared behind us. "I made a very strong one this morning."

"Amortentia?" Pansy looked at me and Hermione confused. 

"Honestly, how did you even get into this class? Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. It has a different smell to everyone, according to what attracts them-" Hermione's eyes widened as I smirked. 

"Haha, you're totally in love with Ron." I sniggered as she blushed. 

"Ew." Pansy made a disgusted face. 

"Well, you're in love with Malfoy." Hermione pointed out. 

"Well, that's obvious." I joked. 

"Ah! Harry, my boy, I was beginning to worry. Brought someone with us, I see." The three of us turned to Professor Slughorn as Harry and Ron walked in. 

"Great, now they're in this class too. I thought I was finally going to have a break from them." Pansy rolled her eyes. 

"Ron Weasley, sir." Ron introduced. "But I'm dead awful at Potions, a menace, actually, so... I'm probably just gonna-" 

"Nonsense! We'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out." Professor Slughorn replied. 

"I wonder what any girlfriend of Potter's is to Slughorn." Blaise joked, making the class chuckle. 

"Sorry, sir, I actually haven't got my book yet, and nor has Ron." Harry said. 

"Not to worry, get what you want from the cupboard. Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any idea what these might be? Yes, Miss..." Professor Slughorn pointed to Hermione as she raised her hand.