Chapter 26

"Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?" Remus repeated Harry's words in shock at the Burrow. 

"I know it sounds mad-" Harry started. 

"Has it occurred to you, Harry, that Snape was simply pretending to offer Draco help so he could find out what he was up to?" Remus asked. 

"That's not what it sounded like." Harry shook his head. 

"Perhaps Harry's right, Remus. I mean, to make an Unbreakable Vow..." Tonks trailed off. 

"It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgment. Dumbledore trusts Snape, therefore I do." Remus told us. 

"Dumbledore can make mistakes." Harry said. 

"You're blinded by hatred." Remus accused angrily. 

"I'm not!" Harry scoffed. 

"Yes, you are. People are disappearing, Harry, daily. We can only place our trust in a handful of people. If we start fighting amongst ourselves, we're doomed." Remus finished. Harry looked like he was about to say something else but I quickly put my hand over his, shaking my head. 

"Don't think on it too much, Harry. It's Christmas." I sighed, picking up a plate of treats and shoving some in my mouth. Mr. Weasley got up, cleared his throat, and walked out of the room awkwardly. 

"I know. I just can't get it out of my head." He frowned. "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure, anything." I nodded, placing the plate back down on the coffee table in front of us. 

"I love you, Sophia, I really do." He admitted. 

"Damn, I thought I was going to be the first person to say it." I joked. "I've wanted to say it since last year. I actually did, well, to myself of course. It was when you had that dream about Mr. Weasley and I was running all over the place. I said to myself 'Man, he's lucky I love him'."

"You do?" He asked. 

"Of course, you genius idiot." I scoffed, grabbing his hand. Ron walked in holding a plate with food on it and quietly sat it down. 

"Sorry for interrupting. Mum would've had my head if you two started snogging on her couch." Ron said making me giggle. 

"Harry, can I have a word with you?" Mr. Weasley asked, walking back into the room. 

"Sure." Harry got up and followed Mr. Weasley out of the house. Only then did I notice Remus and Tonks were about to leave for the night. 

"Leaving already?" I asked, hugging both of them. 

"Yes, Sophia. The first night of the cycle is always the worst." Tonk nodded as Harry and Arthur made their way back into the house. 

"Happy Christmas." I told them. 

"Happy Christmas to you too, Sophia." Remus smiled down at me before being escorted out by Tonks and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. 

"What did you talk about?" I asked Harry quietly. 

"He sent someone to check out what Malfoy was looking at over the summer. It was a Vanishing Cabinet. It's still there at Borgin and Burkes." Harry explained as we walked up the stairs together

"Huh. I wonder why he was so interested in it." I frowned to myself. We stood in silence for some time. "I love you."

"I love you." He whispered back. He leaned forward to kiss me, but the sound of fire snapped us out of it. 

"Bellatrix." I gasped. Harry and I looked at each other before running out of the house. Harry was the first one that pushed past the adults and ran after Bellatrix through the tall grass. 

"No!" Arthur shouted as Remus and Tonks ran after him. I stared in shock before running after Harry as well. "Sophia!" 

I got past Remus and ran through the fire, burning myself badly in the process. I grabbed my wand out of my pocket and had it at the ready as I ran, not knowing where I was going. This was probably a really bad idea, but I had to make sure Harry was safe. 

"Harry!" I cried. 

"I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix shouted, taunting Harry. I stopped running when I came across a small pond and heard someone behind me. 

"Harry?" I asked quietly as the figure stepped out of the tall grass. That definitely wasn't Harry. I backed up into the water as the Death Eater came closer to me, a grin on his face. 

"Sophia Greengrass. The girl I hear so much about." He snarled. "The Dark Lord will reward me greatly if I brought you to him-"

"Stupefy!" Harry shouted, jumping in front of me. The man easily blocked the spell before disapparating away. Harry and I stood in the middle of the pond together, wands at the ready. 

"Harry! Sophia!" I heard someone shout. 

"Watch out!" I warned as spells were fired at us. We stood back to back as we blocked all different kinds of spells from multiple different directions. 

"Sophia!" Remus ran up beside me with Tonks. 

"Thank Merlin!" I panted, shooting a nonverbal spell back in a random direction. 

Remus, Tonks, and Arthur formed a protective triangle around the two of us, which made the Death Eaters stop firing. We watched all of them apparate away and fly towards the Burrow. I let out a gasp as the Death Eaters flew into the house, setting it on fire. 

"Molly." Arthur ran back toward the house, all of us following. We saw Mrs. Weasley, Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny all standing in front of the house, watching it as it crumbled. I slowly walked up to Mrs. Weasley and put a comforting hand on her shoulder. 

"It's so easy for them to get to you. You're bloody lucky you weren't killed. You have to realize who you are, Harry." Hermione scolded as we walked through the corridors of Hogwarts. 

"I know who I am, Hermione, alright?" Harry sighed. 

"I mean, I hope he does." I tried to joke but when no one laughed, I frowned. 

"Sorry." Harry muttered. 

"That's my Won Won!" I heard Lavender squeal making me cringe. 

"Excuse me, I have to go vomit." Hermione quickly walked off in the direction we came from. 

"Honestly, me too. Thank Merlin we're not like that." I said disgustedly.

"You can say that again. See you at dinner." He quickly kissed my cheek before we walked our separate ways to our different classes. 

~1055 Words~