Chapter 29

I sat in the Gryffindor Common Room with the trio, watching as Harry swallowed the whole vial of Felix Felicis. 

"Well, how do you feel?" I asked him after a few seconds of silence. 

"Excellent. Really excellent." Harry stood up from the couch, and we followed his movements. 

"Remember, Slughorn usually eats early, takes a walk, and then returns to his office." Hermione slowly reminded Harry. 

"Right. I'm going down to Hagrid's with Sophia." Harry nodded and pulled me toward the portrait. 

"What?" I looked over at Hermione and Ron for help. 

"No, Harry, you've got to go and speak to Slughorn. We have a plan." Hermione said. 

"I know, but... I've got a really good feeling about Hagrid's. I feel it's-it's the place to be tonight. Do you know what I mean?" Harry tried to explain to us. 

"No." The three of us spoke. 

"Well, trust me, I know what I'm doing. Or Felix does." Harry assured us. 

"And why do I have to go with you to Hagrids?" I sighed as he continued to pull me out of the Common Room. 

"I don't know, Felix feels like it." Harry shrugged as we walked past a couple of Gryffindors. "Hi!"

"Sorry about him." I quickly apologized. 

"Let's go this way." Harry told me, leading the way. 

"To the greenhouses?" I questioned, trying to catch up with him. 

"Exactly." He nodded. 

"I thought we were going to- Nevermind." I shook my head as we walked through the greenhouses. Harry skidded to a stop, making me run into him. I turned to see Professor Slughorn messing with a plant through the window. 

"Merlin's beard, Harry!" Slughorn cried, noticing Harry was right next to him. "And Sophia, hello."

"Hello, sir." I waved shyly. 

"Sorry, sir. I should've announced myself. Cleared my throat, coughed. You probably feared I was Professor Sprout." Harry was speaking faster than normal. 

"Yes, I did, actually. What makes you think that?" Slughorn asked. 

"Well, just the general behavior, sir. The sneaking around, the jumping when you saw us. Are those tentacula leaves, sir? They're very valuable, aren't they?" Harry pointed out and I covered my laugh with my hand. Did we just catch Slughorn trying to steal something of value from Professor Sprout? 

"10 Galleons a leaf to the right buyer." Slughorn nodded. 

"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself. 

"Not that I'm familiar with any such transactions, but one does hear rumors. My own interests are purely academic, of course." Slughorn quickly corrected himself. 

"Sure, Professor." I nodded. 

"Personally, these plants always kind of freaked me out." Harry let out a hum before dragging me away from Slughorn. 

"Exactly how did you two get out of the castle, Harry?" Slughorn asked. 

"Oh, through the front door, sir. We're off to Hagrid's, you see, he's a very dear friend and I just fancied paying him a visit. So, if you don't mind, we will be going now." Harry beamed. 

"Harry!" Slughorn cried. 

"Sir!" Harry mocked and I snorted. 

"It's nearly nightfall. Surely you realize I can't allow you to go roaming the grounds by yourself." Slughorn scoffed.