~5~

The orginal of the chapter was so shit. The only time I cuss is when I'm writing so believe me when I say that. I did my best.

Happy Reading!

~~~

Practice was much different than Tessa was thinking. It wasn't fun like she was expecting, well it was but the concern and confusion far outweighed the enjoyment. Scott caught every single ball that was thrown at him, even the ones Jackson threw. As much as she hated to admit it, Jackson was definitely one of the best players on first line. It was obvious that he practiced more than anyone else. Scott only practiced outside of the sport when Tessa or someone else made him. To be frank, there is no way that Scott should have ever caught all of them, especially when Jackass tried is damn hardest.

The three girls are sitting on the bench, Tessa waiting for Stiles and Scott, Lydia waiting for McJackass, and Allison waiting for her Dad to pick her up. Allison still seemed to think that Tessa was the Devil's Spawn. For the life of her Tessa couldn't figure out why, admittedly interaction with teenage girls isn't her strong suit. But she always thought she was a pretty good judge of character, and Allison seemed like an okay person who has maybe grown up around questionable morals. Its the only reason she could think of that the girl would be drawn to someone like Jackson, while still managing to crush on Scott.

Tessa feels her phone buzz in her hoodie pocket, and without thinking about it reaches her right hand to grab it. She is immediatly met with a burst of pain, her nails leaving cresent marks in her palms. The message is from her manager at the cafe asking her if she can cover for a few hours on Thursday. It would be a half shift, from 2pm to 6pm. She would have to get a work release, but that wouldn't be too hard.

"Hey Lyds?"

Lydia looks at her, face a little flushed, maybe from a text jackson sent from in the locker room. Tessa doesn't really want to know. "Whats up Tess?"

"Can we push shopping back a couple hours. Only to like 7?" Tessa bites her lip, she knows Lydia probably wouldn't care. But the worry is still there, their lifestyles are so different.

"Yeah I think so, everything ok?"

Allison draws her attention away from her phone. "What's more important than your friend?"

"A lot of things, work for starters is much more important than a shopping trip." Tessa looks in her eyes, this girl is really starting to get on her nerves.

Allison looks at Lydia as if she was expecting her to be offended, instead though Lydia is is looking at her with a weird glint in her eyes. "Yes Tessa that is totally okay. Allison, cool it a bit. Teenagers around here work, if this is your first experience with that kind of a thing then you really need to talk to the previous generation, they will be more than happy to talk about it." Allison just scoffs, going back to her phone.

"Thanks Lyds." Tessa reaches her left hand of to squeeze her right one.

Lydia smiles at her softly. "What hours?"

"Just 2-6, I'd have to get a work release." She lifts her left shoulder in a shrug, it isn't a big deal.

"You wanna borrow my car?" Lydia offers. "Not like I'm going anywhere and I'll just stay for practice. You can pick me up after and we can go to the mall from there. You can get the keys from me during lunch."

Suddenly Allison is back in the conversation, can't she tell it's just between two people. "You'd let her borrow your car...?"

Tessa is officially done with the girl. "Yes. Yes Lydia lets me borrow her car. Yes we have to postpone plans because I have a job, two of them actually. Not all of us have our lives handed to us, some of us have to work to be able to afford certain things. Things that you Allison, obviously take for granted." Tessa stands, pulling her hand away from Lydia. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go find my brother. Who by the way, I share a vehicle with. Do you have a problem with that too?"