Birthday

{Dereks Pov}

I wake up and I check the time and I remembered today is Aaliyahs 4th birthday 4 years ago I was in the hospital waiting for her to be born I lied to Hotch saying I was taking a break to Chicago but instead I was in a hospital room for 51 hours waiting for her to come out but when she did come out Jenna just got done pushing and did everything else before she immediately left and I raise Aaliyah by myself no one helped me I had to leave work early because I said I was taking care of my mom and sisters and I missed a bunch of work parties and it was a lot but I did it for her and im thankful I did, I got up and I went to wake her up but she was already up and getting dressed "Happy birthday sweetheart" I said before she ran over to me " thank you daddy" we had a fun time just us two we went shopping and stuff time passed by real quick because now its bed time for Aaliyah and she fell asleep in my bed while I was downstairs just looking at baby pictures of Aaliyah I hear a knock at my door and I go to open it and its Jenna "is she awake" "No she is asleep" "oh well I don't know why I came over so" Jenna said in a bratty tone "why cant you come over here and tell her happy birthday before 9pm" "because I'm busy" "doing what" " tryna have a baby" she made me super mad by that "you have a baby here she is 4 and has only seen you 3 times in her whole life" "I don't want her she just isn't cute and i dont want a girl" "why cant you be a good mom to her Jenna your an ass for not being in your daughter life and she is 4 you gave birth to her on this day 4 years ago i became a dad and you left 20 minutes after giving birth" "I didn't want her Derek and by the way awful name" "you dont talk about MY daughter because she is perfect ok so dont you talk bad about her damnit" "your an asshole Derek you should've just left her ass" "Get off my property before i call the cops" Jenna quickly left and i shut the door sliding down it with my head in my hand and i hear a small voice "daddy whats wrong" i look up and i see Aaliyah looking at me with a concerned look "nothing princess come here" i open my arms out and she comes running into them "I love you Aaliyah Mae Morgan" i say kissing her cheek making her smile "I love you to daddy" she saids smiling at me "you are my everything you know that right" "i know" she said smiling "cmon lets get you to bed" I stand up picking Aaliyah up and walking upstairs i walk to her room and i lay her down and covering her up in her blanket "goodnight birthday girl" i say after i kiss her head than i get up and walk to my room laying down...

I wake up around 8 am realizing I'm late for work and I quickly get Aaliyah dressed and I quickly drive her to her Gramma Susan "I will see you tonight ok I love you" I say kissing her cheek "I love you too daddy" I walk her up to the door and Susan closes it, I drive to the BAU and everyone was at there desk working I sat down in the mine and I started to work, Its been about 4 hours and an alarm on my phone shows up that Aaliyah tapped her bracelet multiple times so I walk to Hotchs office and I knew I had to tell him "can we talk" "Sure" I shut the door and I sot down "I have a daughter she is 4 years old I raise her on my own and I got her this bracelet and if she needs me she taps it and she tapped it so I have to go if you don't mind" " I wish you told me sooner and whenever she taps her bracelet just send me a text but do you want me to keep it a secret" "Yes please I'm not ready to tell them about her yet" "Ok now go to her" I walk to my desk grabbing my stuff before walking out. 

I got to Susan's house and I see a car I don't reconzie so I walk inside and I see Aaliyah loudly crying "Aaliyah whats wrong" I ask before picking her up "She is mean" she said stuttering and pointing to Jenna who was in a corner smiling wit her arms crossed "where is Gramma Susan" I asked looking at Aaliyah "in the kitchen but she passed out" I walk over to Susan with Aaliyah still in my arms "How Jenna how can you do this to your own mother and daughter" I said pissed off "How can you choose that brat over me Derek we were together for 4 years before we had her why is she so important Derek you have to spend a lot of money on her and you didn't have to spend any on me" she said getting up "you cost me thousands of dollars leaving me with those hospital bills and her checkups and everything I had to clean up because of you costed money, ok so I don't want you around now get the hell out" "Fine you piece of shit just watch your back" she said before walking out of the house "Daddy i don't like her i don't wanna see her anymore" "you wont have too" i put Aaliyah down and i help Susan sit up and she slowly wakes up "Im sorry" Susan saids in a whisper "its ok i am here your gonna come stay with me at my place ok" she nods at me "what do you want me to pack in your bag" i say before i stand up getting Susan a glass of water " I will do my clothes i just need my meds and my slippers and robe" "Ok" i say helping her up and handing her the water.