Chapter 11: What The Hell Are You Doing Here?

Start from the beginning

"We think, we're not for sure. That's what we were talking about. (Y/n) suggested to go out and find a pregnancy test." Daniel said. "Well, we've got to be sure. I mean, what if it turns out she has a bad infection or something." I said. "She's right. Is there a hospital around here?" Elliot asked and Daniel nods.

"Yeah, that's what we were figuring out here." Daniel said as he gestures towards the map on the floor and the pictures we found and the radio. "Surprised to see that radio working." I said and I squat down. "Yeah. Just a loose connection was all that was wrong with it. Antenna." Daniel said. "They found our mess at the school." Dina informed us and I nod. "Good." I said then a woman's voice comes through the radio.

"Unit Romero, you are requested at site Two. Repeat. You are requested at site Two."

"So the numbers are locations. The TV station we were at. That's Six. There's a lot of chatter coming out of Two, so we assume that's their home base..." Daniel said as Dina holds her stomach in discomfort. I frown at this then Jesse rubs her back, comforting her. "That helps." She said and the two share a smile 

"Casualties reported at Fourteen. All available units report. Over." The woman's voice said. "This is site Thirteen. Unit Lima nearby. How many Scars you get? Over." Another woman said and all of us exchanged looks. "We've had a few but there seems to be a lone male trespasser. Armed. He doesn't seem to be a Scar. Over." The first woman said.

"Lone male trespasser?" Dina said.

"Joel." Elliot and I said and I look over the map.

"Where's Fourteen?" I asked. "We're not a 100% sure." Dina said as Daniel looks over the map. "But...if I were to guess...if this is Seven...." he said as he points at one part of the map. "Twelve's all the way over here...." he points towards the other side of the map. "I guess it's somewhere in this neighborhood." Daniel said as he circles his finger around the word Hillcrest and I nod at him.

"Okay, we can go over there, get Joel then head over to the hospital, which is where?" I said and Daniel points at a different part of the map. "Right here." He said and Elliot and I nod. 

Later, we make our way the front door and start to remove the chair off of the door so that we could head out. But at that moment, I noticed that Dina looked tired, sick and just worn out. "Dina?" I said, worriedly, as Dina bends over and catches her breath. "Yeah. Not good." She said as Jesse places an hand on her shoulder.

I frown as I look at them then I let out a heavy sigh. "Guys..." I said and they turn to me. "I think someone should stay here with Dina while the rest of us go after Joel." I said and the others nod. "I'll stay. I'll keep an eye on her." Daniel said. "You sure?" Jesse asked him and Daniel smirks.

"Don't worry, man. I've got this." Daniel said and Jesse nods. "You better keep an eye on her and my kid." Jesse said and Daniel chuckles. "Please, like I'm gonna endanger my future niece or nephew." He jokes and Jesse smirks then looks over at me and Elliot.

"Alright, guess it's just the three of us." He said and we nod. "Be careful." Dina said and I look at her and smiled. "Of course." I said then Jesse leans down and kissed Dina on the cheek. "Here...take this with you." Daniel said and he hands me the map. I nod my appreciation to him then Elliot opens the door and me, Elliot and Jesse run out.

"Okay, Hillcrest." I said as I look at the map then around the area. "Is this the right place?" Elliot asked when we heard gunshots off in the distance. "Definitely the right place." Jesse muttered as I put the map away and we began to run, while the gunshots become more frequent. Gotta be Joel. I thought as we run up to this truck and get on top of it to see some buildings up ahead.