Stuffing

Thanksgiving.

The holiday of good food and being thankful for what you have. It's mostly a holiday spend with family, but it can also be spend with good friends.

Ohm never had that.

He never had the pleasure of experiencing the smell of turkey roasting in the oven or exchanging gifts as some groups do. That made him sad at times, but he didn't like to dwell on it. Besides, times had changed. It was better now.

He had a loving boyfriend of 4 years, good friends close by and he was still streaming, what he loved to do as often as possible. What more could he want than a roof above his head and the company of Cartoonz, Princess and Tiny?

Luckily, the cat and dog got along just fine. They had enough space to avoid each other when necessary. Ohm felt happy. He really was. And yet, every year at the time that Thanksgiving came by, he felt sad.

Every year, he quietly told himself what he was thankful for. Always hiding his grief, never mentioning his true feelings. He wasn't ready to open up about his wishes. He thought he hid it well, but he was wrong.

Cartoonz did notice.

He noticed when they weren't together yet. Ohm always changed the subject as quick as possible when someone mentioned the holiday. He noticed the first year they were together. Ohm hadn't mentioned Thanksgiving at all and Cartoonz had been too insecure to ask him about it. The second and third time Thanksgiving passed by, Cartoonz noticed as well. But every time he was too afraid to ask.

Not this time.

This time, he had a plan. He had already asked his friends if they had free time and they loved the idea. So, around the 20th of November, Cartoonz calmly suggested they'd celebrate Thanksgiving this year. He did while watching a movie. The movie was soon forgotten when Ohm looked at him in stunned silence. Tears were forming in his eyes and Cartoonz feared he said the wrong thing. But when Ohm started to talk, explaining why it upset him, he understood. They spend the rest of the night talking. Ohm slowly but surely opening up more and more about his feelings.

Eventually, Ohm asked their friends if maybe, perhaps, if they could and if they wanted to, spend their Thanksgiving with them. They all agreed and made plans to meet up. And for the following days, Ohm was busy planning out what to do. He constantly asked Cartoonz what he thought about it, which slightly annoyed the other, but he mostly liked how excited Ohm seemed. Cartoonz couldn't help but agree with everything the other suggested.

Anything to keep that smile on Ohm's face.

///////////////////

It was the 26th of November, 6:00am and Ohm was already wide awake. Can you blame him? There was still so much left to do! Their guests were staying over, the house needed cleaning and he had an entire dinner to prepare. And on top of that, their friend group had decided to do a Secret Santa as well.

Luckily, Ohm had already finished wrapping his gift the day prior. His Secret Santa was DeadSquirrel, which wasn't too difficult to find a present for. Squirrel had mentioned wanting to put more effort into decorating the background of his stream, so Ohm bought some fairy lights, floating shelves and a cute little squirrel plushie.

As a joke, he put the gifts in a box full of acorns and wrapped the whole thing. Squirrel would probably get excited at seeing such a big present with his name on it. Ohm giggled to himself. He was so ready for today. Beside him in bed, Cartoonz groaned.

"Good morning, my love," Ohm said, kissing Cartoonz' cheek. The other groaned again and tried to hide beneath the covers, but Ohm pulled them off of him. Cartoonz could give him the stinky eye all he wanted, but they had a lot of things to do and he needed the help.