Acceptance and Bro Time

You have been accepted to the Seattle Grace Hospital Fellowship...

There was plenty more to the letter but Meredith was focused on that part at the moment. She dialed Derek's phone number with a grin on her face and feeling a huge amount of relief.

"Hi Mer," he answers, a smile in his voice.

"I got in," she says immediately and giggles. "I'm doing my Fellowship at Seattle Grace, Derek."

"Congratulations," he states sincerely.

"Thank you," she sighs. "I had to tell you right away. I know I'm going to be there soon, but I couldn't wait to tell you."

He laughs, "I'm glad you called to tell me right away."

"We don't have to move," she says.

"I know, but I would have."

"I love you," she states simply. "I know you meant it when you said you wanted to go with me, but I'm glad your structure doesn't have to change."

"I love you, too. Bring some champagne with you - we'll celebrate."

"Okay," she answers, "but what about Bailey's?"

"We aren't going. Tuck isn't feeling well so she called to reschedule."

"All right. I'll get some dinner too. What do you want?"

"Whatever you feel like - we're celebrating your accomplishment."

She laughs and they say goodbye. Meredith looks around her apartment and realizes that she is spending less and less time there. It has become one step up from an on call room; a slightly nicer place to sleep when she was too tired to drive to Derek's. She shook her head - deciding to think about this when her lease was up in a few months. Grabbing her stuff - she leaves to pick up dinner and go to Derek's.
*

"I'm happy that you're staying in Seattle for your Fellowship."

"So am I, Lex."

"Does Derek know you're staying?"

"Of course," Meredith answers, smiling.

"I'll bet he was the first person you told," Lexie states.

"He was," Meredith answers, her smile turning to a frown. "I hope that doesn't bother you. It's just..."

"You're in love with him, Mer. I would've been surprised if he wasn't the first person you told considering you were so sad at the idea of possibly leaving him."

"Yeah, about that," Meredith says, lowering her voice and pulling her sister aside. "Derek wanted to go to L.A. with me."

"What?" Lexie asks with a huge grin. "When did he tell you that?"

"Saturday morning. Before I got my acceptance letter to stay here."

"Meredith, that's pretty amazing. You get that, right?"

"Yeah," she sighs. "He really loves me."

"Duh," Lexie quips, making her sister laugh. "You already knew that, though."

"I did. It's just... well, moving would have been a pretty big sacrifice on his part."

"You're a little scared, aren't you?"

"Yes," Meredith admits. "A little. I mean, I never expected to feel this way about someone, Lexie. It's not even something I thought about. I wasn't the girl who day dreamed about love and... other stuff."

"Other stuff?" Lexie laughs.

"Shut up," Meredith mumbles. "And you know what I mean by other stuff."

"I do," Lexie concedes. "I saw the way you looked at Derek while he held Ethan. So did his sister, Mer. You left the room with tears in your eyes. It's okay to think about having kids with him."

"No it's not," Meredith says emphatically. "It's completely selfish and asinine to be thinking about... stuff... with Derek. I should be thinking about my Fellowship, research and surgeries. I shouldn't be wondering about stuff I didn't know I wanted. I don't even know if Derek wants that stuff."

Lexie laughs and replies, "You're so nervous and freaked out you wont even say marriage and kids."

"I have to go," Meredith says and walks away from Lexie.

Lexie laughs again and pulls out her cel phone to call Molly.
*

"So, how are things going with Meredith?" Mark asks and takes a drink of his beer.

"Great," Derek answers with a grin. "I'm going to marry her."

Mark spits his beer and chokes a little - making Derek laugh. "What?" Mark asks once he's able to speak. "You and Grey haven't been together that long. How can you be talking about marriage?"

"It's been almost six months but I didn't say we're getting married tomorrow. Hell, I haven't even asked her yet."

"How do you know, though? I mean, that you want to marry her?"

Derek laughs, "You sound like someone's trying to force you into marriage."

"Not going to happen," Mark mumbles. "How can you be so sure about marrying her?"

"I love her," Derek shrugs. "And besides, I'm not twenty - I'm forty-five. I want to marry her and build a life with her."

"Yeah well, I'm the same age as you and I have no desire to settle down."

"That's because you're mentally twenty."

Mark laughs and drinks more beer. "Aren't you going to dinner tomorrow night with her sisters and brother-in-law?"

"Thanks for the reminder," Derek groans.

"You want to marry Meredith, but you don't want to go to a family dinner?"

"It's just nerve-wracking."

Mark laughs again then asks, "When are you going to ask Meredith to marry you?"

"I haven't thought about that yet. I just know I want to marry her."

"Well," Mark sighs, "I'm happy for you. Let me know if you want some help when you're ready to pick out the ring."

"Okay, thanks."

"You're welcome."

The Seventh Sense is LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara