Chapter 12

Chapter 12 

Skyheart

"What about me...?" he asked slowly, carefully. 

"She said you weren't good and that you were hiding a terrible secret from me" I muttered, my whole mind was beginning to swirl with doubts and confusion. 

"Uh" he stuttered, I looked up at him abruptly suddenly somewhat enraged. 

"Is it true? You've been hiding something?" I asked with a growl, he looked away for a moment then back at me before answering. 

"Yes..." he trailed, I shrank back as if he had struck me. 

Cinderheart had been right, I knew nothing about the tom I thought I liked! He had been hiding something from me all this time, since day one of our training and according to Cinderheart his secret seemed pretty ominous and dangerous. 

"Wait let me explain" Lionblaze began. 

"I don't know if I want to hear about how dangerous you are" I growled, glaring at the blades of grass beneath my paws. 

"Dangerous? Cinderheart told I was dangerous?" he questioned angerily, lashing his tail and narrowing his impressive eyes, I nodded somewhat scared of the new angry cat who had once been the fun loving Lionblaze. Seemingly noticing my discomfort he tried to relax himself. 

"So explain" I mumbled. 

"I chosen a while ago when I was an apprentice, it was my duty, mine and Jayfeather's to save the clan. We both got powers from Starclan to help us on our mission and shortly after my sister's disappearance Dovewing got a power as well making us the powerful three" he paused to look at me. 

I narrowed my eyes, no way could a cat get powers!

"I know it's crazy but it's true! I can fight using solely my talents and win without a scratch or severe injury" he meowed, I pondered over this, most of all the warriors had battle scars expect Lionblaze.

"And Jayfeather?" I asked.

"He can sense feelings and walk amongst dreams" Lionblaze meowed as if it were normal. "And all of Dovewing's senses like hearing and sight are heighten, so she can hear anything across the lake" 

"And everyone knows about your powers?" I asked, trying to understand.

"Yes, everyone"

"Everyone but me?" I asked my voice dropping to a tone of sadness, he sighed.

"I'm sorry I wanted to tell you but..."

"But what?" I questioned with a slight snap.

"The last time I told a she-cat about my powers she ran away from me and I just couldn't bear to see you push me away, I couldn't live like that" he meowed, his voice so husky and deep with a under current of such despair and lonely wanting. 

"Why? Why can't you live without me?" I asked carefully with a small smile.

"Because I love you Skyheart" he laughed somewhat awkwardly.

A smile exploded across my muzzle and my heart pounded against my chest rapidly, those were the words I had been waiting for, this was the moment I had been waiting for since I had joined the clan. All my dreams and wishes were now confirmed, Lionblaze loved me!

"I love you too!" I purred.

He licked my head soothingly and I licked his cheek lovingly.

It felt like an eternity, as we cuddled against each other, grooming and caressing each other so caught up in our own love and passion that nothing else really mattered but us, me and Lionblaze, forever!