10

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Black Diary

"It's okay to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave."

Hallways

Moments later, Harry and Ron moved quickly as Liv walked her normal paced, annoyed at the boys, when they heard footsteps.

Seconds later, Percy appeared at the end of the corridor, catching the three by surprise. "What are you doing here?" Ron asked but Percy squinted, confused by Ron's voice on Crabbe's body.

Both Harry and Liv elbowed Ron in the ribs, who cleared his throat and spoke in a lower voice. "What are you doing here?" He asked again.

"I happen to be a prefect. You, on the other hand, have no business wandering the corridors at night. It's not safe these days," Percy said and the boys nodded, afraid to speak. Percy squinted again before looking at Liv. "Since when are you friends with them?"

"I'm not. They just so happened to be leaving when I left," Liv said, hesitantly, then Percy looked back at Harry and Ron.

"What're your names again?" He asked.

"Crabbe. Goyle." They all turned to see Draco walking out from around the corner. again. "Where have you been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?" Draco then looked at Liv. "And what are you doing here with them?"

"Does it matter?" Liv asked.

"I guess not," Draco said before he looked at Percy. "What are you doing down here, Weasley?"

"Mind your attitude, Malfoy. You want to show a little bit more respect to a school Prefect!" Percy exclaimed.

"Come on, boys," Liv said before she started to walk towards the dungeons, with the three following her.

"Yeah, come on. Weasley thinks he's going to catch Slyther's heir single-handed," Draco said and Percy steamed.

Slytherin Common Room

Harry and Ron trailed Draco and Liv inside, as they glanced around warily. But inside, they saw Roni sitting on the couch, studying, and Draco sat by her, but she immediately got up and walked away from him. Liv sat on the couch across from Draco, with Ron and Harry sitting beside her. "Listen to this," Draco said before he grabbed The Daily Prophet and read the front page. "Arthur Weasley, Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office, was today fined fifty Galleons for bewitching a Muggle car. 'Weasley has brought the Ministry into disrepute,' said Lucius Malfoy, a governor of Hogwarts. 'He is clearly unfit to draw up our laws and his ridiculous Muggle Protection Act should be scrapped immediately." Grinning, Draco glanced over the paper at Harry, Liv and Ron, but Liv gave him a dirty look. "Arthur Weasley loves Muggles so much he should snap his wand in half and go join them. You'd never know the Weasleys were purebloods, the way they behave. Embarrassment to the Wizarding World. All of them." Ron growled in anger but Liv elbowed him and Draco looked surprised. "What's up with you, Crabbe?"

"Stomachache," Ron said in a lowered voice.

"You know, I'm surprised The Daily Prophet hasn't reported all these attacks yet. I suppose Dumbledore's trying to hush it all up. He'll be sacked if it doesn't stop soon. Father always said Dumbledore's the worst thing that's ever happened to this place," Draco said, which made Liv give him another look.

"You're wrong!" Harry spat, which made Liv and Roni look at him intensely.

"What? Did you say that I was wrong?" Draco asked and Liv looked at Roni, worried. "You think there's someone here who's worse than Dumbledore?"