8

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Whispers

"If you talk about someone behind their back, chances are they're going to find out."

Girls' Lavatories

A few days later, Liv, Hermione and Ron were all gathered together. The bathroom was a gloomy place. It had cracked mirrors, chipped sinks, guttering candles, etc. Liv and Ron huddled over a small bubbling cauldron as Hermione added strange ingredients. "Again? You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione asked.

"Of course! Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here, and now he's told Draco how to do it," Ron said.

"Maybe," Hermione said then Ron faced Liv to see her glaring at him, still not believing that Draco would do this. "We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure."

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron asked but both Liv and Hermione stiffed a laugh.

"No," Liv said.
"Never," Hermione said.

"No one ever comes in here," Liv said.

"Why?" Ron asked.

"Moaning Myrtle," Hermione said.

"Who is that?" Ron asked.

Then there was a loud, piercing scream, and the ghost of a young girl came racing out of the wall, coming face to face with Ron, who stared at her in horror. "I'm Moaning Myrtle," the girl said which caused Ron to gulp. "I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about fat, ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle?"

Myrtle sobbed loudly then dived head first into the toilet. "She's a bit sensitive," Liv said and Ron looked at her oddly.

"A bit?" he asked.

Great Hall

Later in the week, a golden stage had been erected as Lockhart strut a top it.

On one side, Harry, Ron, Hermione and loads of other Gryffindors gathered around while Liv, Roni and loads of other Slytherines gathered around on the other side, all watching their teacher. "Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me?" Lockhart asked, but no one was even talking. "Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full details, see my published works." Liv stared at her teacher in complete annoyance, like most of the boys did, but she was probably the only girl there who didn't find him amusing.

The boy by Harry, Ron and Hermione, Justin-Finch Fletchley, turned to him. "That Lockhart's something, isn't he? Awfully brave chap," Justin said and Harry faced him. "Justin Finch-Fletchley. Hufflepuff."

"Nice to meet you. I'm-" Harry started to say.

"I know who you are. We all do. Even us Muggle-borns. And your sister too," Justin said before they looked across the way to see Liv and Roni silently giggling and whispering to each other. "Quite pretty, your sister."

Harry and Ron immediately faced Justin. "Quite protective, her brother," Harry said.

"Don't talk about her like that," Ron said, getting quite offensive as well.

"Boys," Hermione muttered. "Don't mind them, they are very protective of Liv. With anyone."

"Yeah, protective, that's it," Ron said. Justin awkwardly smiled before he looked back at the stage, where Professor Snape had joined Lockhart.