5

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Petrified

"To be innocent is to be not guilty; but to be virtuous is to overcome our evil inclinations."

Courtyard

Harry was walking down the corridor wearing his Quidditch uniform, accompanied by the rest of the team: Oliver, Fred, George, Angelina, Alicia, and Katie. They entered the courtyard where Harry saw Hermione helping Ron study, and saw Liv and Roni walking together, talking about classes feet behind him. "I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We are going to train earlier, harder, and longer," Oliver said then he glanced to his left and the rest of the team followed his gaze. "What...? I don't believe it." They stepped onto the courtyard as they came across the Slytherin Quidditch team, also dressed for Quidditch and Oliver directed his attention to the team's captain, Marcus Flint. "Where do you think you're going, Flint?"

"Quidditch practice," Marcus said as Liv and Roni turned their attention towards the two rivals.

"Uh oh," Roni muttered.

"This won't be good," Liv said.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today," Oliver said.

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note," Marcus said before he held up a rolled-up scroll. Oliver took it and opened it as Liv and Roni walked over to Ron and Hermione.

"I smell trouble," Liv told the two before the four of them walked over to the two teams.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker," Oliver read from the parchment before he looked up at Marcus. "You've got a new Seeker, who?"

Marcus stepped aside, and Draco stepped out towards the Gryffindor team members. Liv stared at Draco, amazed that he was now a member of the Slytherin Quidditch team. "Draco?" Liv asked.

"Malfoy?" Harry asked and Draco smirked.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year," Draco said before he put his broom to his side. Harry, Ron, Liv, Hermione, Roni, and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team examined the brooms Draco and the rest of his team were holding.

"Those are Nimbus 2001s. How did you get those?" Ron asked.

"A gift from Draco's father," Marcus said.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best," Draco said and Liv rolled her eyes.

"You seriously used your wealth to bribe your way onto the Quidditch team?" Liv said.

"Slytherin is going to lose the tournament this year because they're choosing flashy items instead of skill, which you all don't have," Roni said.

"Exactly. No one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent," Hermione said and Draco glared at her in annoyance as he took a few steps, then stopped only at arm's length in front of her.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood," Draco said and Hermione glared at him with a mixture of hate and hurt as Draco sneered. But it quickly dropped when Liv walked in front of Hermione, arms crossed, and death look in her eyes.

"Stop it!" she snapped, but Draco realized he was a little too close to Liv, so he backed up. "She is my friend!"

Liv then turned to Hermione and comforted her with Roni. "You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!" Ron snapped before he took out his wand and aimed it at Draco. "Eat slugs!"