Chapter fifty seven - 177A Bleecker Street

Start from the beginning

It wasn't long before you arrived at your destination.

"I'll stay invisible, just in case." you told Thor. He nodded, before stepping up to the door which read 177A and knocking once, twice... and then disappearing.

"Uh, Thor?" you asked. No response.

"Oh good." you muttered to yourself, before teleporting inside. Thor was stood next to a table clutching his umbrella and looking around in badly disguised fear.

"Thor Odinson, God of Thunder." a voice emanated from the shadows, and then a dark figure drifted from across the room in front of a large circle window towards Thor, who held up his umbrella, ready to fight.

"You can put down the umbrella." the dark figure said, his thick American accent sounding kind enough. Thor tentatively lowered Mjolnir, and then disappeared again. You swore, teleporting after them into the next room.

"So Earth has wizards now?" Thor asked as he looked suspiciously around the room.

"The preferred term is 'Master of the Mystic Arts'." the strange floating man replied.

"Alright wizard, who are you? Why should I care?" Thor asked heatedly.

"My name is Doctor Stephen Strange and I have some questions for you. Take a seat."

And with that they both disappeared again. Doctor Strange! Tony had mentioned him once before to you; he'd wanted him to train you to use your magic rather than Loki. You teleported after them again, where Thor was sat in a chair refusing tea. Strange gave him a stein filled with beer instead, which didn't seem to empty as Thor drank from it.

Yes good idea Thor, drink the unknown magical liquid the stranger who kidnapped your brother has given you. Good job.

"You should know that I am aware of your presence Miss Y/N." Strange said suddenly, looking right at you. You stood stock still for a moment, and then dropped your illusion.

"Tea?" Strange offered.

"No, thank you." you said pointedly, sitting next to Thor, who quickly caught on and stopped drinking the beer.

"So, I keep a watch list of individuals and beings from other realms that may be a threat to this world. Your adopted brother, Loki, is one of these beings." Strange told Thor.

"He's a worthy inclusion." Thor said, and you shot him a reproachful look.

"Then why bring him here?" Strange asked.

"We're looking for my father." Thor explained.

"So if I were to tell you where Odin was, all parties would promptly return to Asgard?" Strange asked.

"Promptly." Thor nodded.

"Great, then I'll help you." Strange said.

You zoned out while Thor and Strange talked some more, interested only in finding Loki and getting back to Asgard. You didn't really care if Odin was okay or not, as far as you were concerned he had deserved what had happened to him. Your only concern was what Odin might try and do to Loki upon your return. Suddenly you were all in a different room. You staggered against Thor from the unexpected movement; looking over to Strange who was flipping through a book.

"- just seeing whether this incantation requires any Asgardian modifications." he was saying. Then: "nope." All of a sudden you were across the room near a work station. Thor appeared to have brought the bookcase he was holding on to with him as well.

Strange said something else about a book, and then you were back in the room where you'd started. Thor looked like he was about to throw up.

"Look, will you stop doing that?" you asked, gesturing to Thor.