"You being with me is enough to chase it away." I laughed at Easton but later my laughter died as Easton gazed at me with a seriousness all over his face. Patting his head and smiled brightly at him was the only thing I could think of at that moment.

        "Ava, are you still able to attend the prince's coming-age-ceremony? If not, father will tell the King and Queen about your condition. They surely will understand that."

       "I will go. If not, I will put the prince at awkward position. I will managed my health well."

      "Don't force yourself too hard. If you are not well, then father and Easton will attend it on your behalf."

      "Alright father."

*******

     "House of Forest, Duke Mathias Langston, Duchess Kadynce Nolen, Lady Ava Langston, Lady Emmy Langston, Lady Livia Langston and Lord Easton Langston." The imperial crier announced our arrivals and the gigantic doors opened up.

When we stepped inside, all intentions were on us. All the clatters quiet down and the nobles staring at them. A family with close relationship with the royal family, a high ranking position in court and one of daughter is the fiancee of the prince. It will surely attracted people's attention.

As I slowly walking behind my parents, I could hear the low mutterings between the ladies. Gossiping as always. At that night, I was adorning an A-line shape, floral appliqués and cap sleeves that just kiss the top of the shoulders and with a sliced, plunging bateau neckline and sheer back gown. My hair was styled with waves undo and some tousled strands with a piece of golden wreath was placed on the curls.

This gown was designed by the Duchess and the Queen. At first glance, I was horrified I would look terrible on it but it miraculously fit me. It like gown was for me. Besides, Clarissa finished my attire with a pair of golden long flower dangle earrings and a bracelet designed with the same flower.

Not too long after we arrived, the imperial crier announced the arrival of the royal family. Slowly the royal family walked into the great hall and climbed to the podium. At the moment my gaze met with the prince, his gaze lingered on me. I was feeling uncomfortable under his stare and broke the contact first.

Like usual the King gave his speech and he called out Prince Noah. Prince Noah walked and stood in the centre of the podium. As soon as the prince stood at the centre, the King announced the prince officially as the Crown prince of Ravaryn. It was common practice for a prince to be selected as crown prince at coming-age-ceremony. Since Prince Noah was the only child, automatically he was crowned as Crown Prince.

After the announcement yelled out by the King, tremendous applause could be heard in the great hall. The nobles were cheering the prince's coronation as crown prince and toasted their drinks. The party to celebrate the coronation began after that and the dancing floor was filled with couples. Chatters once again filled the great hall and music accompanied it.

As I was placing my glass I felt someone presence beside me and I turned to my side to be shocked at that person. Lord Hart Ellington was standing in front of me. He was seen smiling at me while placing a hand on his back. I looked around and saw my family had left my side and I awkwardly greeted him.

       "My Lord."

       "My Lady."

       "Today you look stunning my Lady."

I knew it was a form of courtesy to say those words to a lady. Nevertheless I needed to thank him for that and replied it as well.

        "My Lord also looks dashing."

Lord Hart only smiled at my compliment and stared at me.

       "Why our lovely lady standing alone here? Where are your companions?"

       "They are busy greet the others. Speaking of that, where's your companion my Lord? You are also alone."

      "I came with my family and they left me to mingle with others."

I looked at him with a small smile. Suddenly, I was pushed from behind and I lost my balance.

       "Be careful!"

Lord Hart tried to catch me and secured me from falling by placing his hand on my waist. Unintentionally I clung to him and our faces were so near with each other.

Suddenly I was being snatched from behind. I yelped at the great force and was embraced by a man. I looked up to see a frowned prince.

Notes: The description of gown was not own by me. I was using the existed description about the gown.