Chapter 18

"I hereby sentenced the whole House of Forest with death. Proceed with the execution."

        "Your majesty, please... I beg you. Please let my family go. I'm the one who's wrong. They did nothing wrong. I'm doing it by myself."

       "Knights! What are you doing?!! Take them away!"

       "Please your majesty. Please save my family. Please!!"

The woman screamed at her top of her lungs when she saw her family beheaded one by one. She trembled uncontrollably while trying to get away from the knights' hold to grab onto her family. But she couldn't. The only thing she saw was their bodies lying lifelessly on the ground. It was all her fault. She was the one who need to be blamed. She alone. She did all the sinful acts. They didn't deserve to be punished.

Tears falling down her haggard face and her vision blurred due to it. All she wanted now was to turn back time so she could save her family from the calamity. She prayed hard in her heart even though she knew it was a futile attempt.

       "Ha....!!"

I waking up from the terrible yet vivid dream with my heart pounding rapidly in my chest. It felt so surreal and I could felt the girl's emotions in the dream. That girl was Ava, the original Ava Langston. The grievance, regret and resentment flooded my mind when I tried to remember the dream. My nightgown drenched with sweat as I was sweating profusely.

"My lady?" Clarissa came hurriedly at my side. "Are you alright?" Dabbing a handkerchief on my face, Clarissa face was filled with worries.

I breathe slowly and calmed myself. "You are having a nightmare, my Lady. Should I call the physician over?" Still wiping my sweat on my face, Clarissa asked concernedly. I shook my head gently and laid weakly on my bed.

Clarissa went out and came back with a cup and basin of water. I gulped down the water and washed my face. After that, I tried to sleep but sleep had long left me.

*******

I was staring blankly at the window while thinking why I kept having the same dream for the past days. Was it a memory from the original Ava? But she and I are different person. I was not occupied her body, this body was mine. I pondered hard at any possibilities and reasons. Perhaps her feelings got connected with me. It could be that I being reincarnated to this world was to fulfil her last wish, her wish to save her family. I felt a massive headache when I thought about it.

        "My Lady, the Lord has requested your presence in the common room."

        "Ok."

When I arrived there, five pairs of eyes trained on me. I halted my steps and continued to walk awkwardly under their stares. The moment my butt hit the chair, mother and Easton rushed at me. Easton was crying his eyes out when he saw me. He said I looked pale and seemed to be fainted at anytime.

I didn't know that I looked that worst. The dream took a toll on me I guess. I kept having headaches and unable to sleep at night. Mother hugged me and touched my face with tears on her eyes.

       "Mother, Easton, I'm fine. It was just nightmares. Everyone experienced it."

       "But, you looked sick. It has been a few days now and you haven't recovered from it." Emmy was the one who said that to me. I smiled weakly at them and patted my mother's hand. It was to assure them I was alright.

       "Don't worry too much. It will go away. The physician has prescribed me with some medicines, so I will be fine."

       "Sister, let me sleep with you. I will chase all your bad dreams. I will protect you." Easton stared at me with so much determination in his eyes.