CHAPTER 1

Beep Beep.

Uh. It's Monday. I hate Mondays, because this means I have to go to school. My school is called Westword High and let's just say I hate it there. I raise my hand and press the stop button on my alarm clock. I get myself out of the bed, put on my glasses. and open my bedroom door. I look down the hall, no one here but me great. It seems once again my father has decided to work overtime and not heed the doctor's order. Just last week he was diagnosed with arthritis and diabetes, so the doctor recommended him to take a few weeks of work off. However, of course dad decides to over work himself again! I sigh and walk to my desk in my room. Since mom left dad turned to work as a coping mechanism to avoid pain. I on the other hand have turned to music and writing poems to convey my emotions. The therapist recommended me and my father to lean on each other to help us cope, but that seems impossible. I take my journal off my desk and read through it. I am surprised as I find my tears on the pages of the book. I quickly wipe my eyes, get your act together Alex be strong I scold myself. I place my book back in the secret compartment of my desk. I head down the hall into the bathroom, I stop and look at myself in the mirror. I am the exact depiction of my mom, my full lips to my curvy body figure. Maybe that's why dad never wants to be near you, a voice in my head says. I quickly put away any thought about my dad and mom in the back of my mind. I just need a refreshing shower and no more tears. After the shower I feel great, I quickly condition my hair in the bathroom. I have such a long routine because of my hair texture, uhhhh sometimes my hair just makes me wanna cry. I try to quickly get through my routine and run to my room. I go in my closet and quickly pull a plain white t-shirt, a pastel purple oversized hoodie that says "good vibes", black ripped jeans, and my white air forces. I take my backpack and my phone, I check my phone and it reads 7:35, crap I'm gonna be late for school. I run downstairs and grab a breakfast bar and my car keys, then run outside to my car. I start on my way to school, I realize I will probably be 10 minutes late for school because it takes a 25 minute drive to get there. I arrive and find a parking spot farther away from the other cars. Though it is a hassle being far away from the school, I really try to avoid getting involved with people in school and head straight home. I check in the front office and receive my late pass for class. I open the door and quickly find a seat in the back, trying not to have too many eyes on me. I sit down and Mr. Marean walks up and slides a paper on my desk and walks away. I look at the paper frick. I totally forgot we were having a math quiz today, luckily math comes easy to me so it shouldn't be too bad. As I get situated and work on the quiz the announcement speaker in the class turns on.

"Can Alexandria Harris come up to the principal's office immediately?" the voice says.

Alex I mutter, after my mom's disappearance I really don't like being called Alexandria. Anyways I collect my stuff and quiz and go to the door. I turn back and realize that no one has lifted their head to see me. I roll my eyes of course no one would notice because I am quite antisocial.

"Alex just make sure you have the quiz by tomorrow morning" says Mr. Marean.

I turn around and nod my head to him. I wonder why they are calling me up, did I get in trouble? I make my way inside Mrs. Samson's office. She greets me with a smile and I sit on the chair opposite from her desk.

"So, I know you're probably wondering why you are here..... We have some news about your father Alex.." says Mrs. Samson.

"You do? Did something bad happen" I ask with a worried tone in my voice.

"I'm sorry to say, but we have found out that your father was involved in a car accident and is currently being taken to John Hopkins hospital." she says with an empathetic voice.

Her next words begin to fade out of my brain till I can't hear them any more. I think this is what it feels to be in shock, being unable to move or speak. Get yourself together and Alex and be strong I tell myself. This snaps me back to reality and find myself being watched by a concerned Mrs. Samson.

"My dad is being hospitalized?" I ask in such a small voice I don't think she even heard it.

TO BE CONTINUED............

HOW DID YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS

REMEMBER VOTE, FOLLOW, AND COMMENTS

GOAL: 5 COMMENTS AND VOTES