Prologue

Click click

They are everywhere I can feel them, I must go before they get too close.

"Honey, why are you packing up your stuff?" I hear from behind me.

I turn around and see my husband, a tall man with brown skinned with a strong stature, dark hazel eyes and black curly hair. He looks at me through the door frame with a concerned and confused expression. I force myself to give a reassuring smile, but the facade doesn't hold. Instead all I'm left is a quivering lip, as well as being on the verge of tears. I decide to look at the floor,.... not his eyes scared of what I'll see.

"I have to leave, and I'm.... I'm not sure I will see you again." I whisper.

"What do you mean? What about me...what-what about Alexandria? Is it me? Please don't leave us, Lyria.....I beg of you please...." He pleads.

He strolls to me and gently takes his hands to make me face straight into his eyes. I look into his now hazel eyes that appear to be on the verge of tears as well. I know this hurts, but I have to leave because of the danger I bring. I can't tell anyone why, not even him because they won't be safe. I pull out of his embrace and doing so I know it breaks his heart, but hurts me even more. I wipe up my tears and grab my suitcase off the bed.

"I'm sorry Ezra, I'm leaving and you can't do anything to change my mind" I say with all my willpower.

I leave his still figure at the side of the bed and head to the front door. As I'm about to leave this household probably forever, I feel a pull on my jacket. I turn around and see Alexandria, my beautiful daughter. She is wiping her eyes, clearly trying to adjust to waking up late at night.

"Mommy, please don't leave...please." she whispers.

I crouch so that I'm eyeleveled to her, I remove my amulet and place it around her neck. I then take her tiny hands into mine.

"Darling, mommy is just gonna go for a while okay. So, don't worry about me and take care of your dad. I know you're a strong girl, so I need you to be strong when I'm not here. Can you do that?" I tell her.

She nods yes, I place a kiss on her forehead. I stand up open the front door, I look back at Alexandria and whisper "I love you".

Click.

How did you like the POV of Alexandria's mom? I may be playing with writing in other characters' POV throughout the story. Remember COMMENT, FOLLOW, AND LIKE!!!!!

My Goal is at least 5 comments and votes.