[ f o r t y s i x ]

Start from the beginning

"He's not getting better, is he?" Isaac questioned as the dog whimpered, and Deaton's shake of head gave him the answer he was looking for. "Like cancer."

"Osteosarcoma," told him the vet as Amelia looked at the dog, smiling. "It has a very distinct scent, doesn't it?"

Amelia removed a tiny tear from her cheek before looking at the little dog.

He still smelled better than Scott though, was the thing she thought before smiling at the small animal.

"Come here," Deaton told Isaac and the guy approached him. "I know you're well aware of what your new abilities can do for you. Improved strength, speed and healing. You ever wonder what it could do for others?"

Amelia was curious too. What would a werewolf could do for others?

Deaton asked for Isaac's hand and he slowly placed it on top of the little animal. Amelia watched as Isaac's veins started getting black and she gasped softly, surprised and scared a bit of what was even happening.

As he removed his hand, he lifted up his sleeve to show how the black color was still traveling through his veins. He looked towards the dog before looking up.

"What did I do?"

"You took some of his pain away," replied Scott, making Amelia look at him and smile a bit.

"Only a little bit," replied Deaton with a smile. "But sometimes a little can make quite a difference."

The girl wiped out some of her tears again and Scott chuckled, hugging by the shoulders before looking at Isaac, who was softly crying too.

"It's okay," Scott told the two. "First time he showed me, I cried too."

Isaac looked up before chuckling a bit, Amelia joining them with a smile while Scott looked at her.

"You baby..." he insulted her, making the two others laugh after he pushed the werewolf away, making him almost lose balance and fall.

"Who are you calling baby, you baby?" Was the thing she said before laughing.

• • •

"They're leaving, tonight, after the game," Isaac told Scott and Amelia as they both organized the examination room.

He meant Erica and Boyd. After the whole thing they had decided to leave Beacon Hills, and Isaac apparently didn't want to join them. Or didn't know if he should.

Amelia wasn't completely sure why Isaac was trusting Scott after the whole selling the pack to Gerard thing yet, she didn't want to sound self absorbed, but she figured it had to do something with her.

Isaac did trust her, after all they were still linked. Not like her link with Derek that it was slowly crumbling apart by the second.

"So, why are you telling us?" Scott questioned as Amelia stood up, turning around to look at them with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"I'm not telling you, I'm asking you," Isaac corrected. "I'm asking for your advice."

"From us?" Amelia questioned. "Why?"