[ t h i r t y o n e ]

t h i r t y  o n e
w e a k

AFTER ERICA HAD TAKEN OUT PARTS OF STILES'S JEEP THAT SEEMED IMPORTANT, HE FELT OBLIGATED TO TAKE THE CAR TO A MECHANIC

AFTER ERICA HAD TAKEN OUT PARTS OF STILES'S JEEP THAT SEEMED IMPORTANT, HE FELT OBLIGATED TO TAKE THE CAR TO A MECHANIC. Her girlfriend decided to join him because she felt partially guilty of him ending up unconscious in a dumpster with his jeep destroyed in the first place.

He insisted her that it wasn't her fault, that he had told her by text to go to the ice-skating rink instead of joining him to Boyd's place. Yet, she felt like she needed to protect him more than she protected Scott.

She wanted to spend time with him, do normal teenage romance things like make out sessions and picnic dates. She wanted him to be her escape from the supernatural, yet... Stiles had a tendency to be followed by every supernatural creature in Beacon Hills.

"Hey... Hey!" Stiles shouted to the mechanic as he walked hand in hand with Amelia. "What— What do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter."

Amelia decided to simply listen, although she didn't see anything bad with what the guy was doing. He was fixing his jeep, and the car really needed it.

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced, too," explained the young mechanic, and Amelia looked up and saw it.

Maybe he was right.

"Why do I get the feeling you're slightly overestimating the damage?"

"It's probably gonna run you around, like, 1,200, parts and labor," explained the mechanic, making Amelia scoff.

"Are you kidding!?" Exclaimed Stiles in disbelief. "This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter!" The guy looked down to stare Stiles and Amelia. "And, yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

"You sure?" His girlfriend asked him, making him look at her seriously. She understood that it was better for her to shut up.

"You know what a limited slip differential is?" The mechanic asked him.

Stiles pretended to think about it, when Amelia knew that he did not know what that was.

"No..." whispered Stiles, admitting defeat.

"You, could run you more like 1,500."

Amelia was about to punch the guy when Stiles, stopped her, hugging her against him before sighing.

"Okay, just finish," he told him before dragging Amelia away. "We'll be back here... seething with impotent rage," her boyfriend mumbled before grabbing the handle of the door, noticing it had some kind of sticky thing on it.

"Ew," said the girl as Stiles looked to his hand, "that's real sanitary," she mumbled sarcastically before Amelia opened the door herself, letting him enter.

Stiles cleaned his hand with his hoodie before looking at the picture framed on the wall, noticing it was a shot of the mechanic when he was in high school. Amelia in the meantime was looking for a tissue to clean herself with.