It seemed to work on Potter too. Draco had noticed how he was looking at him all evening and it was amusing and flattering and a bit worrying as well. So the Savior of the Wizarding World was not so straight himself even if he was oblivious to it.

"Hey, Malfoy!" Oh, speak of the banshee... Potter came over, holding his hands in his pockets. "Erm... good... er... job today."

"As eloquent as ever, Potter" Draco smirked, "Want one?"

He offered the Gryffindor a pack of cigarettes.

"Teddy might not like the smell," he refused.

"Hm, you sound like that chap, Vernon... some or other," the blonde looked at him attentively. Potter blushed and Draco's suspicions were confirmed. What a nosey git.

"So how are you going to get back to Hogwarts?" the Gryffindor asked, trying to change the topic.

"A muggle taxicab to the Leaky, probably... and then the floo. I am not even allowed to side-along." Draco replied bitterly.

"What about your fancy car?"

"It is still in the police pound, I reckon." the Slytherin groused. "Those muggles took it away as soon as the merry men from the Ministry arrested me."

"How about we take it back?" a wicked grin was dancing on Potter's face, "Can't you summon it with magic?"

Draco looked at him incredulously, "Have you been drinking again, Potter? I am still under the investigation, remember?"

"We can put it back," Potter suggested, something mischievous was glistening in his eyes, "Or are you scared, Malfoy?"

"Oh, you wish, Potter!" Draco huffed, stumping the cigarette butt with fervor, "And that was my line anyway. Accio Mercedes!"

They waited for good ten minutes before they saw the headlights nearing the narrow alleyway and the black Mercedes stopped in front of them, badly scratched, a part of stripy muggle barrier stuck to the front bumper.

"Look what you made me do, Potter!" the blonde went over to assess the damage and then fixed the worst of it with a simple Reparo. Then he'd cast a muggle repelling and a disillusioning charm and opened the driver's door. "Where to?"

"I wanted to drive around a bit if you don't mind" the Gryffindor looked shy for a moment.

"Hop in, Potter, before I changed my mind!" Draco flicked the wand to the ignition and the engine purred to life.

He felt alive at the steering wheel, it felt almost like flying a broomstick, the clamor and light of passing traffic rushing past. Potter was silent, looking absently out of the window, his eyes were glossy and vacant and Draco wondered for a moment what was he thinking about.

They were nearing Charing Cross Road when the Gryffindor caught his gaze, "Malfoy, do you mind stopping somewhere, I have been meaning to tell you something for a long time."

Draco's heart had skipped a beat, what was he on about... Was Potter meaning to confess his undying love to him or something? The git wasn't queer, even if those glances were a tad more interested than he'd expected.

They stopped on the empty street in the muggle neighborhood. A group of drunk youth in tattered costumes and painted faces were walking along on the pavement paying no mind to a vintage Mercedes-Benz.

"I know that Auror Baelish had altered your memory..." Potter exhaled nervously, "She had left me a message and I found this." He offered a small vial with a shiny silvery substance that could only be a memory. "I believe this is one of yours. I've found it in the coin locker at King's Cross. "