"I don't care." the older Stilinski told him.

"You should." the veterinarian sighed. "Unless you're prepared to hold a press conference announcing the presence of supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills."

The Sheriff scrunched his face up because he knew he had no argument. "Dad, he's right." Stiles admitted.

"Maybe at the clinic we can figure out how to change her back and then call the coroner." Scott suggested.

"There's a line..." the police officer paced back in forth, "There is a line that we have to draw."

"Dad, you've already crossed it. More than once." Stiles reminded.

"Sheriff, please. Let me help." Deaton begged. "I've dealt with things like this before."

After much debating and shaking his head the Sheriff sighed, "Just do it fast."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Brooklyn waited in the hospital with Stiles, Malia, Kira and Theo. Scott and Liam just joined them as Melissa made her way over. "Stiles." she said grabbing their attention and making the boy flip around.

"How bad is it?" he asked.

"Could have been worse." she told him then looked at the boy behind him, "Theo, nice going on that tourniquet. You probably saved her life by giving her time for Brooke to get there." She glanced around at the group of teenagers now huddle around her. "All right, she's about to go into surgery, so it's going to be a while. Any other supernatural details that I need to know about or do we just stick her up and hope for the best?" the nurse questioned.

"It was the tail." Kira informed Melissa.

"Yeah, Tracy cut her with the tail, if that makes a difference." Scott added.

"Okay." Melissa said before walking off to Lydia's surgery room.

"But it wasn't just Tracy. There were the others. The guys in the masks." Malia put in.

They all looked at each other. What was going on in Beacon Hills now?

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

It was dark by the time Scott and Brooke made it to the McCall house. The True Alpha kindly held the door open for her as Brooklyn walked in with a sigh. Scott turned on the lights making the healer look down at Lydia's blood that had managed to stain her hands. Scott noticed her sombre look, taking her hands in his and placing a kiss on them. He then put his forehead on hers for a couple of seconds before moving his lips there.

They remained like that for a while until they came together in a gentle kiss. "Sorry to interrupt." a voice startled them, the two drawing their lips away from from each other's quickly.

Surprisingly, Deaton made his way into the room. He dropped a leather bag on of the dinning chairs before pulling out a jar that contained a single, long claw. "A werewolf with the talons of an eagle. Possibly a shape-shifter, known in Eastern mythology as a Garuda." he said.

He placed it in the table before pulling out another jar and holding that one up. "Tracy's claws." he told them. "The unmistakable class of a werewolf... but..." he held up part of the skin from her severed tail, "A werewolf who also bears the venom and the scales of a kanima."