An Old Friend Forgotten

Start from the beginning

Link: Okay... Where do I find them? Do they grow on some form of tree?

Hestu: The children of the forest must have taken the Korok seeds from my beloved maracas. They should have them.

Link: Understood.

He headed to his horse, returning to his trek to his destination. After some time on horseback, he passed under two large wooden archways. Both had a few arrows embedded into them.

Link: -Thoughts- I hope that the village is still here...

As he finally exited the stone pass, he arrived at Kakariko village. It was a rather quaint place, composed entirely of small wooden houses with roofs made of straw. The inhabitants on the other hand were quite different than other Hylians. They all had white hair, reminding him of the monks within the shrines.

Link: -Thoughts- They must be Sheikah people.

He got off his horse and began walking through the place. At first, the villagers didn't seem to pay much attention to the newcomer. That was, until the eyed what was hanging from his belt. Those perceptive enough stared in shock, some whispering to one another inquisitively.

Sheikah man: -Muttering- Is that what I think it is?

Sheikah woman 1: -Muttering- Could it be?

Sheikah woman 2: -Muttering- It can't possibly...

Link tried to shake off the feeling of the stares aimed at him. He kept walking to where his Sheikah slate told him to go. It led him to a staircase at the lowest point in the village, leading up to a house larger and higher up then the others. Two men stood on either side of it. They both stood defensively as Link approached them.

Sheikah guard 1: You there! Who are you?! How dare you trespass on Lady Impa's abode!

Link responded with as little words as he could.

Link: I'm sorry, but I must see her. It's urgent.

Sheikah guard 1: Only members of our tribe that-

Sheikah guard 2: Cado wait!

Cado: What is it Dorian?

Dorian: Look at what is hanging on his belt.

Cado took a closer look.

Cado: Hmm? Is that... a Sheikah Slate? But that would mean you are... No, it's not possible. Can it be?

Dorian: It must...

The two eased themselves.

Dorian: Please forgive us for behaving so rudely.

Link: It's alright. You know of this slate?

Dorian: Of course, we have heard the legends from Impa herself. Please friend... Go ahead and step inside.

And with that, they stood aside. Link walked past the two, up the stairs to the house's porch. A girl roughly the same age as him was washing it. She looked up at him, before jumping up to her feet and covering her face.

Sheikah girl: A-A man?!

She peaked through her fingers, eyeing the slate attached to his belt.

Sheikah girl: Huh? I-Is that-?! It's a Sheikah Slate! Could you be the hero my grandmother told me about? What was his name? Li... Lin... Ummm...

Link: Link.

Sheikah girl: Ah! I'm so sorry...I-It's not that forgot, I'm just bad at speaking. As for me, my name is Pa... Paaa... Paaay...