Chapter 8

Hello, it's me again Jennette Margarita, I am currently on my way to the academy after spending summer break back in Alpheus mansion. However, I didn't expect that my so-called cousin would go along with me.

"I heard from Mr. Alpheus that you'll be transferring to Obelian. I wasn't expecting it to be true" I said, seeing my so-called cousin pout after my words which I don't know the reason why.

"What's with the face, young master?"

"....."

He still won't speak.

"What happened?" I asked, he then tilted his head upwards to stare back at me. His golden eyes were looking at me with such sadness in them.

What's wrong with this guy?

"I see" I mumbled under my breath. I didn't talk anymore so that I wouldn't worsen his mood anymore.

After a while, I asked the coachman to stop the carriage for a moment. Then I stood up from my seat and got off.

Ijikiel jumped off from his seat wondering what happened and even asked "Where are you going, Jennette?" With a pouty face.

"I have somewhere that I'd like to go to first before going to the academy, please go first, young master," I said without looking back as I continued to fade away in distance. Good thing he didn't come after me or it could be worse.

Now I have to do something fast before something happens to that helpless prince.

I went through several alleyways and climbed up several houses. There weren't many people around as I tried to look down to see if there was someone who somehow managed to spot me in some areas. Fortunately, there wasn't a lot. So I arrived at my destination sooner than I thought.

Then I saw a child's figure, about the same height as the current Ijikiel. Unexpectedly, I heard cries, swearing curses, and screams of sorrow.

I kind of knew what he went through, even in the dream that I had, the me that was watching the hologram screen right before my eyes were crying just from seeing his painful past.

Even though he was given a second chance in life, he still carries the pain and memory from his previous life. Which has a lot of tragic memories.

It even got worse after they met their tyrant father, he felt that his trauma came back to him in an instant the moment he saw Claude's eyes directed with loathing at him and his sister.

Then he began to fear and loathe his father since that day.

It brings me sadness to see him loath his father so much. When I, myself loved my father from my previous life. Though my biological father in this life is a piece of shit.

"I'm so pathetic"

He then began to degrade himself.

"I'm so fucking pathetic"

And even more.

Then I heard creepy laughs oozing from him.

Then he cried again, and again. Not stopping.

The prince in his past life in my dreams came to mind. Asking for forgiveness with tears in his eyes.

- I'm sorry

"Pathetic" I unthinkably said out loud.

He then noticed me despite hiding my presence. He became wary

And scared.

"S-so you think I'm pathetic too? Right, I am!" his voice was shaking. But he still managed to raised his voice at me. 

"Yes, you are"

A/N Hello hoomans, pig here >< sorry this chapter is short but this is necessary. My apologies I'll try to update sooner!