Jealousy (Part One)

Start from the beginning

Within seconds, the group that had gathered began to disperse. Kanan made off towards his quarters, perhaps to meditate, whilst Hera and Chopper made their way back to the cockpit to ensure that the autopilot didn't act up again (there had been a near-death incident on Gand where Hera had put a little too much faith in the autopilot and the ship had very nearly flown into the ground). This left Zeb and Sabine standing alone in the corridor, and once everybody else was out of earshot, the Lasat chose to make a comment.
"Did you see the way Ezra reacted when that princess complimented him? Hah, classic, reckon the kid's got a chance?" he questioned, chuckling a little.
"A chance? What do you mean?" Sabine asked, staring absent-mindedly at the wall.
"Seriously? Didn't think I'd have to explain this to you. Ahem, sometimes, when two people like each other very much, they decide to go on what's called a date," Zeb said in a tone of complete condescension. Sabine blinked, as if suddenly pulled from some sort of trance. If she hadn't been paying attention before, she certainly was now!
"What? Those two? Ezra...and her? N-no I don't think so, I mean what would he see in her?" she remarked, running a hand through her cyan hair.
"You mean apart from the fact that she is some sort of badass rebel fighter as well as Alderaanian royalty? I think the real question is what she would see in him," Zeb commented, chuckling to himself.
I'm badass, Sabine thought to herself, before quickly quelling any notion that she may be jealous of Leia. She then thought on what Zeb had said. "He's a Jedi, a pretty decent fighter, she said so herself..." she started, before realising what she was saying. She said he was impressive...she...complimented him. What was this strange twisting in her stomach that suddenly made her want to grab Leia by the waist and throw her out of the airlock?
"Hm, I guess, I'm going to grab a bite to eat. What are you doing? Painting I expect" the Lasat said.
"Huh? Y-yeah...painting..." she replied, only half paying attention. Could it be true that Leia liked Ezra in a capacity more than friends? She had only known him for the space of a single mission. Then again, Ezra had started flirting with Sabine the second she took her helmet off. But if she liked him, that didn't necessarily mean he liked her back. Although the way he reacted with that compliment...blushing and stuttering. Was he really that shallow? He had flirted shamelessly with Sabine as recently as last week, and yet now he was going after some princess.

By the time Sabine came back to her senses, she realised she was standing next to the docking tube completely alone, being eyed rather suspiciously by Leia's bodyguards from the other end of the tube. She glared at them momentarily before heading back up the stairs and straight into her cabin. Promptly sealing the door behind her, she began to pace up and down, gripped by a feeling she was entirely unused to. Leia was a member of the Rebel Alliance and, by all accounts, one of its most skilled fighters and diplomats. There was even talk of her leading the alliance one day, if the Empire was not overthrown by the time she reached adulthood. She was a hero, no doubt, so why then did Sabine feel such an unnatural dislike towards her so suddenly? The Mandalorian sat on the edge of her bunk, her legs swinging to and fro.
"Ugh, come on Sabine, why do you care if Ezra wants to hang out with the new girl? Heh, might finally get him off your back," she said aloud. She sat in silence for a moment before a voice startled her.
"Are you alright, Sabine?! I heard you talking to someone!" Hera shouted from the other side of the door. The Mandalorian almost jumped out of her skin.
"I'm fine! Just...talking out loud about my painting..." she lied. There was another moment of quiet.
"Okay! Don't forget, it's your turn to clear the carbon scoring when we land next!" Hera called, beginning to walk away.
"I won't..." Sabine replied, quietly enough so that only she could hear. She stood up and took a deep breath. Get a grip, Sabine, this princess is only here for a day or so, then she'll be gone, and Ezra will be back up to his usual tricks. Just put up with it for a day...