scene iv

N O V E M B E R, 1 9 7 7

P O T I O N S

SLUGHORN HAD THEM make Amortentia for the last week of November. Much to Venus's dismay, her and Sirius hadn't talked about their kiss. It had been almost a month but the two of them didn't want to talk about it.

They didn't know where they stood with each other.

The only ones who knew where they stood with each other, were Regulus and Remus. The two had made their relationship official. To the marauders only.

These were dark days, where being in a homosexual relationship was deeply frowned upon. Especially for Regulus.

"I would like for everyone to go and tell me what they smell"

The potions teacher stated while everyone took a breath of the love potion. "What do you smell Jamesy?"

Venus questioned with a smile as James smirked.

"Lily"

"Of course"

The redhead rolled her eyes as James sent her one of his smug look. "What about you Arge? What do you smell?"

"grass, leather, cologne and-....broom wax"

She said while looking down at her hands causing an eyebrow lift from the Potter boy. "Smells like anyone we know?"

He asked as she shrugged. "Pads your turn"

"Orange, rain, old books and-" a scoff interrupted his rambling. "chocolate cake"

Sirius finished off while glancing shyly at Venus. She didn't return his glance. She simply kept playing nervously with her ring.

"Moony, your turn"

"Pine, sea water, peppermint and wood"

The werewolf blurred out while looking directly at Regulus who sent him a small smile. "You know that smell like the back of you hand, don't you Moony" James teased causing the boy to punch his shoulder.

"Shut it"

Walking towards the Astronomy tower, Venus couldn't help but hear laughters. Being curious by nature, she walked towards the noise.

She shouldn't have done that.

At all.

Standing in front of her was Marlene and Sirius, kissing.

She felt her heart drop to her stomach. Her vision suddenly becoming blurry as she backed away slowly.

But it was too late. The Black had already locked eyes with her. His face suddenly falling.

"V"

He started but she turned away. Trying to stop the tears from spilling. Angry tears.