scene xii

J U N E, 1 9 7 8

B L A C K L A K E

THE LAST EXAM of their last year had been held that morning. It was now well after noon and the group had to pack. It seemed as when they all wrote their last answer, reality fell in.

They realized that it was the last time they would ever take an exam. The last time they would ever run to class. The last time they were going to be teenagers.

"Does everyone know what they're doing after summer?"

Venus was the first to speak up. They had all fell silent after leaving the great hall. No words were spoken.

"I'm thinking of shadowing a healer for a couple of months. Then start my full training"

Lily answered with a smile as James pulled her closer to his chest. The two of them were the golden couple. Everyone knew about them and everyone aspired to be them.

"I'm taking what the muggles call a year off, I really want to explore the world before settling down"

Marlene stated as Dorcas chuckled. "So am I", the girl followed as everyone smiled at the two girls. It was not a secret that the two were attracted to one another, even after Marlene's declaration for Venus. They were good together.

"I got a job in Diagon Alley so I'll probably be doing that before begging Dumbledore to let me teach here"

Remus said as they all laughed. It was a genuine heartfelt laughter that left most of them in tears.

"I'm going to take care of my mum, and maybe find a job at that Diagon Alley", Peter told them as Venus played with one of Sirius's rings.

"We're going to take the Auror training program while helping out the Order"

James said for both him and Sirius, who pulled his girlfriend closer to him. Frank and Alice nodded at his comment, as they both wanted to also be Aurors.

"Talking about Auror training, remember that letter I sent to Mad-Eye Moody"

Venus asked with an innocent smile, letting her friends simmer in the tension. "Just spit it out V", Marlene spat in annoyance.

"Well you're looking at the youngest fully-fledged Auror of the century"

She said with a huge smile as everyone shouted happily. Sirius pulled her into a tight embrace before all the other fell on top of them.

"How the fuck did you manage that?!"

Her twin brother asked in awe and with confusion. "Well, during the summer I started Auror boot camp. Moody became like a mentor, he's fucking brilliant Rem"

Venus stated with excitement as they were all mesmerized by her story. She had never spoken about a subject vividly like she was about this man.

"I've learned so much with him. I swear under all that toughness he actually cares a lot about everyone"

She followed making the marauders chuckle softly. Venus kept rambling about how great Mad-Eye Moody was for another 5 minutes before going back to boot camp.

"So this summer, when I told you I went to Lily's - well - I was actually at boot camp. There, we did a bunch of studying and practice. Moody brought me on the field once, oh man. Out of like 70-80 kids there, Moody chose me and some guy to move to the training program"

"Even here I would train, Moody kept us on a pretty tight schedule. I'm not mad about it, fuck I'm grateful that he did what he did"

"Padfoot, mate, you might have some competition", James whispered to the Black who rolled his eyes playfully. Lily, not so playfully, hit her boyfriend in the back of the head before looking back at Venus.

"So, now I'm a full ass Auror. I can go on the field and shit like that", Venus finished with a smile as they all smiled back at her.

"We're so proud of you"

They all said at the same time before engulfing her into another tight hug. It's with a smile that Venus finished her last day at hogwarts.

Her last day before starting her new life as an adult.

act iii is done!

dudeeeee there's like
one or two chapters left
because i really don't
want to talk about the war and
shit like that

sooooo yeahhhh