t w e n t y f i v e

Start from the beginning

"Bethany. Are you ready to go? Oh morning Philip, heading off to school are you?" Grandma called waving across the street at Lip.

"Hello Misses Carver, yeah I'm just about to head to school." Lip responded with a wave.

"I better go, I'll talk to you later. Promise me you look out for Grace if anything happens?"

"I won't have to look out for Grace, you'll be here. Just be honest and there's nothing they can do." Lip replied and I held back the urge to roll my eyes.

"Well technically they can do a lot of stuff like I don't know... arrest me."

"It won't come to that, you better not keep your grandma waiting." Lip nodded his head to where grandma sat impatiently in her car.

"Yeah hopefully." I mumbled turning away from Lip and walking towards grandma's car, I stopped looking over my shoulder at Lip as he walked away.

"Hey Lip!" I shouted getting his attention, he stopped walking and turned around to look at me.

"You're actually a half decent guy." I pointed out earning a grin from Lip.

He waved at me before continuing in the direction Ian had gone, I remained quiet in the car. The tension between me and grandma was so strong that I forced myself to look out the window until we arrived at the station.

I stepped out of the car figuring it'd be better to get it all over with sooner rather than later. Grandma followed me into the station, I walked to the front desk not really sure of where I was supposed to go.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"Hi, I'm Bethany Carver. I was asked to come in for questioning in relation to the incident with Jack Evans." I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Oh yes, interview room two. I'll escort you." The cop behind the desk stood up and gestures for us to follow him.

We walked down a short hallway and he stopped in front of a door with stained glass so you couldn't see inside. He pushed the door open and said something to whoever was inside before signaling for us to enter the room. A well built officer sat behind the table with a notepad in front of him and a pen in his hand, he looked oddly familiar but I have no idea where from.

"I'm officer Markovich, but just call me Tony. Bethany please take a seat." Tony ordered and I sat down in the chair across from him.

"Can I stay with her? I'm her grandmother Rose Carver, she's only seventeen." Grandma informed Tony and I was hoping she would have to wait outside.

"By all means, have a seat Miss Carver." Tony answered gesturing to the seat beside me.

"Okay so Bethany I'm sure at this stage you're aware of the incident involving Jack Evans last night?" Tony asked, I clasped my hands together underneath the table to control my nerves.

"Yeah I overheard what had happened while I was working." I lied not wanting to throw Lip under the bus.

"Okay, how do you know Jack Evans?"

"He's in my English and biology classes." I told him and he scribbled something down on his notepad.

"I've been told by a few sources that you and Jack didn't exactly see eye to eye, why is that?"

"There was a fight at a party and I embarrassed him in front of most of the people from school, he took a disliking to me ever since." I stated and Tony narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Oh yes, Philip Gallagher told me about the altercation. You hit Jack that night didn't you?" Tony questioned and grandma gasped looking at me in shock.

"Yes but only because he called me a slut." I shot back not liking how this felt at all.

"Where were you last night Bethany?"

"I know this is going to sound stupid, but I don't know his last name. His first name is Seb, he's a friend I made recently at school." I admitted and Tony raised his eyebrows at me.

"He must not be much of a friend considering you don't even now his last name." Tony mentioned and I was about to talk when there was a knock on the door.

"Officer Markovich, can I speak to you for a moment?" Another officer asked poking his head in the doorway.

"Yes, I'll be right back." Tony uttered before leaving the room.

"Bethany, how many times have I told you violence is never the answer and who is this Seb boy you were with last night?" Grandma wondered and I let out a sigh.

"I know I'm sorry, but he provoked me that night. Seb is just a guy from school, I met him through my friend Mia." I responded and the door opened again before grandma could say anything else.

"Bethany, you're free to go." Tony declared and I looked at him in confusion.

"Sebastian Evans, Jack's brother has confirmed that you were with him last night. Is there anything else you'd like to tell me before you leave?"

"No I think that's everything, thank you Officer Markovich." I replied and he held the door open for us to leave.

I felt sick to my stomach, Seb was Jack's brother. I told him what Jack tried to do to me and he still had sex with me, I felt my head spinning and grandma grabbed my arm.

"Bethany, are you listening to me? You got very lucky this time. I want you to promise me that you won't get into anymore trouble." Grandma warned and I just needed to get some air and be alone.

"I promise I won't." I swore and I started walking towards the exit.

"Bethany where are you going? Hold on." Grandma demanded and I stopped in the doorway.

"I'll make my own way to school, I just need some air." I claimed not waiting for her to reply before I left the station on my own.

Well if this isn't a shit show then I don't know what is.

Author's Note;
Another big surprise (or at least I hope it was), I love developing character links I think it just adds to the plot of a story so much more than having a bunch of characters who aren't connected in any way.

Did you expect that Seb was Jack's brother?

Do you think it was wrong of Seb to still have sex with Beth after she told him about her nearly being raped?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments and please vote too if you enjoyed this chapter. I'm not sure when the next update will be, but fingers crossed it won't be too long. Thank you guys for the support, I appreciate it.

UNEDITED