Part 4

sirius pov-

it was now nearing to the autumn holidays and all my cuts had scared over, but the most visible one was the one trailing down my eye, i made my way to the common room where james, remus, peter and lily were, "hey red!" i said to lily "hey sirius!" she said with a smile, "hey pads" remus said "sup mooney" i said "we are here too you know!" said james and peter "i know i just prefer rumus and lily" i said with a smirk as james glared at me, then a owl came to the window, a familiar owl and i immediately knew it was from my parents, james went to get the letter and said "hey pads its from your family" "o-oh thanks" i said taking them off him there were only 3, over my time at hogwarts this year my parents have sent over 564 letters of hate towards me telling me to die and stuff "open it them" rem said "no its ok i'll open it later" i said, "hey pads, i never did get an answer on how you got the scars on your back, not the ones from me but the ones already there?" remus asked me, everyone was looking at me, i started to panic quite alot, my breathing get heavier "pads?" james said "are you ok?" peter asked "m-mhm" i replied "so how did you get them sirius?" lily asked "i-i, that n-none of your c-consern" i said trying to calm down "no sirius tell us now, and it is our concern!" lily said looking me dead in the eye "i-i cant t-tell you, i-i have to go now b-bye" i said, just as i was gettin ready to leave, james grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down "nope, your telling us, remus, give him... the Veritaserum" james said dramatically "i dont think this is a good idea james, if he doesn't want to tell us just leave it" lily said "NO DON-" i yelled but it was too late "why wont you tell us about the scars on your back?" james asked "because if i do, i'll get more" i said "how did you get them?" remus asked, i covered my mouth but that didn't work "myparentsdidthem" i said all together "what?" asked peter "my parents gave me them" i said, when the potion began to wear off "i-i have to go!" i yelled running away from them, not even grabbing my jaket, "WAIT!" yelled remus, i ignored him and kept running until i found myself in the middle of the forbidden forest, it had been snowing for a couple of nights and it was all white, i kept running and running until i realised i forgot my jacket and was just wearing jeans and a t-shirt, i started to become ice cold, i tripped over a root and fell on the ice cold snow, my body refused to get up as i let there starting to freeze to death, i thought to myself 'i might die out here, maybe that won't be so bad.... no that's bad, james, remus, peter and lily would be sad and who would go with remus every full moon?!, cmon sirius, dont fall asleep' "STAY AWAKE SIRIUS!" i yelled, but soon darkness took over and i led there on the cold floor in the middle of nowhere..

remus pov-

"we have to go find him!" i yelled "WHY DID WE DO THAT!" i screamed, i seen a black blob run into the forest and i realised it immediately "SIRIUS IS IN THE FOREST CMON!" i yelled, "how do you know?" lily asked as we ran outside "i seen him through the window!" i answered, when we arrived at the forest we all went looking, we had been in the forest for at least an hour and we were starting to give up until we heard "CMON SIRIUS STAY AWAKE!" we all ran to the place we heard the yell and we all gasped at the sight with tears spilling out our eyes, it was sirius's cold, pale body, on the floor struggling to breath, "wingardium leviosa" lily said crying lifting his body in the air taking him back to school to the hospital wing, when we arrived madam pomfrey dropped her potion at the sight of sirius black struggling to survive, "OH MY WHAT HAPPENED!" she asked me "h-he ran off and froze!" i stuttered "ok put him on a bed!" lily lifted sirius onto a bed and sat next to me and him, i put my arm around lily trying to calm her down tears were running out of her eyes and mine, until madam pomfrey finished the spells to warm and wake him up, when he finally woke he jolted up straight away.

sirius pov-

i opened my eyes and jolted up straight away, remus, james, peter and lily all came to me and hugged me, they were saying words but i couldn't hear them, "WHAT!" i shouted, they were saying other stuff but i didn't hear anything, madam pomfrey then wrote on a piece of parchment 'can you hear?' i simply shook my head as a no, i looked over to remus and he looked concerned, she then wrote 'your eardrums are still frozen, they will unfreeze but it might take a day or 2' i nodded my head understandment, i then said "THANK YOU!" not realizing i was shouting, she just chuckled lily and remus helped me get up and madam pomfrey led us out the door, when we arrived back at the common room i remembered the events that led up to now, i ran straight to my bed and went under the blanket crying, 'i can't belive they know!' i thought, someone then took the blanket off me i looked up and i seen it was remus, i turned my head to not look at him, he gave me a piece of parchment and left, i looked at it and it said 'hey sirius, im so sorry for what we did, we should have understood that you didn't want to tell us, were so sorry, but now we can help,' i started to tear up, i wiped them away and went downstair "OTS OK, THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME LIVE" i shouted without realising, i ran to them all and hugged them, "aww" lily said, wait- i can hear "I CAN HEAR!!!" i cheered and everyone joined in "were so sorry pads" said james "its ok, let's just forget about it all" i said "NO!" remus said "no?" i asked confused "NO! not when ur parents are doing god knows what!" james snapped "guys its fine honestly im used to it, it's been going on since i was put in gryffindor" i shrugged "how are you so- urggg!" remus said "im going to kill them" lily said "no lily its ok" i said "NO ITS NOT SIRIUS!" she yelled "c'mon pads this is serious!" peter said "honestly it's fine, i promise" i said "hmm urggg! why can't you accept help sirius!" remus yelled "i-i-" "just let us help you, for fuck sake!" lily interrupted, i had tears coming in my eyes but i stuck them back, blacks never cry, lucky for us 5 mcgonagall walked in "what's all the fuss in hear?" she asked, i looked at remus begging not for him to tell, i looked him dead in the eye and shook my head as if 'rem please dont!' "professor, sirius has been getting abused by his parents!" remus said, i looked at the floor and my mouth was wide open with disbelief, how could he do this?! "mr black is this true?" she asked, i looked up to her with tears forming in my eyes "oh my, please come with me sirius" she said putting her arm around me whilst we walked away, i looked back at remus and shook my head at him in disappointment and disbelief.

"mr black how long has it been going on for?" she asked "well i-it started since i was sorted into gryffindor, and when i became friends with half bloods and muggleborns it got worse" i said trying not to break down "sirius, remus did the right thing in telling me, now i can keep a close eye on you but im afraid there's nothing i can do to help, maybe, unless..." she sent a patronus to dumbledore telling him to come to her office, before you know it dumbledore stood before me and was shocked to see me cry, she told albus about my situation and asked him "do you think that would be alright albus?" "i dont see why not minerva, sirius we are going to allow you to stay at hogwarts for the holidays but you will be here on your own, your the only child we are allowing this for, you will stay in your dorm but will be free to do whatever you want in the whole school, you will have dinner and breakfast with the teachers until your friends get back, would you want to stay?" dumbledore asked "OMG REALLY, OF COURSE THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!" i said hugging dumbledore and minnie (mcgonagle) "thank you, bye minnie, by albus!!!" i said running back to the dorm.

when i got back to the dorm i swing the portrait open and ran to them all "REMUS!" i ran and hugged them "THANK YOU!!!, im so sorry i acted like that!" i apologised "its ok" he said hugging back "so what happened?" asked james and lily "well, im allowed to stay here for the holidays, i'll be the only student here but at least i wont see my parents and brother!" "OMG sirius that's great" said peter.