CHAPTER 26

HELL

Pov Sabrina

I look at my reflection in the mirror where I am in my dress for the famous ceremony that takes place in two days.

I find the dress that the seamstress made for me very beautiful, this dress is at the same time very seductive and of a very refined elegance.

I feel the seamstress, named Rachele, still tighten the corset, she squeezes me like an eel but I like it.

When she has finished closing the dress I contemplate the final effect is truly amazing.

"Your Highness, you are really beautiful in this dress, I bet you will be very successful at the party. Everyone will be enchanted and every boy in the room will be at your feet!"

A wave of sadness overwhelms me and I said in a low voice with a melancholy tone "Too bad the only boy I want isn't there."

"Why can't my lady be there?"

I ignored her question, not wanting to answer her question. It hurts too much just thinking about it.

I look in the mirror again and as I light up for a moment I lost my breath so I begged Rachel to loosen the lacing on her dress.

Then I coughed again.

Rachel asked me "Are you okay my queen?"

She nodded weakly and begged her to leave the room until I called her back.

Before leaving she suggested that I call the doctor but I replied that it was not necessary. When she finally left the room I went to sit down and took the remedy prescribed by Gaius.

The coughing fit slowed and shortly after Lilith came in and looked at me in a strange way that she asked me "Are you okay Sabrina?"

With a fake smile on her lips I replied that she was fine.

"Why are you here, Lilith?"

She came over and asked me "I wanted to know who will be sitting with us at our table since your brother doesn't want to tell me because he is angry".

I told her it will be me, her, Goffredo, Klaus and my friend Magnus.

"Because your brother is in a black mood, did something happen between you two by chance?"

I reply "I pointed out that he does not work seriously".

Lilith got up to heaven and she asked me why I told her. I replied "she was giving the staff sweet eyes".

She exclaimed "One day you waste like her father, your only thought of the day is to have fun!".

I laughed lightly at this statement.

Then Lilith asked me "Who is the girl in question?"

I told her she was Rebecca. Lilith had a confused reaction "Who is Rebecca? I really have no idea who she is."

I explained to her that she was the organizer of the event, she is very good at what she does.

"She doesn't look as professional as you say if you give a child a rope."

I agree on this point. "How did you look at her?"

I replied "she looked like a moron in love".

She shook her head in disapproval and exclaims "I'll have to keep an eye on him more than usual, knowing him this adventure will only create problems."

I told her I approved. "And did this Rebecca seem to accept her courtship?"

I thought about it for a while and then I replied "Rebecca is a bit mysterious, you never understand what's going through her head, she's very unpredictable."

I called Lilith back to me and started saying "This seems like the best time to reveal my decision that will have a big effect on the future."

I saw her face go dark with concern for what I was about to say. "I intend to abdicate the throne in your favor very soon."

Looking at her it seems to me that the news has had the effect of a cold shower.

"Why did you make this decision if I may know?"

Not wanting to talk to her about my precarious health conditions, I told her a half truth "For many reasons, in reality first of all I lost the inspiration to govern, it is no longer my time to be the sovereign now it's your turn. You. You deserve it you have many more skills than me and I believe in you will surely be the best. "

Lilith mutters "I'm speechless ..."

I continued my monologue "I am sure you will be a good ruler because I have seen him in all these years spent here together. I will always be grateful to you for all the things you have taught me and during this time you have become a figure. for me. After all the advice you gave me and all the times you were close to me and supported me, you became like a mother figure for me. "

I know her very well, I know she likes to hear these things. Although in my life I have had the misfortune of not having my real mother by my side, I have been lucky enough to have my aunts and her by my side albeit with ups and downs.

Lilith confided to me that for her too I have become like the daughter she never had.

Before the communications went away, so did the decision I made about my father's fate.

"I have decided that as soon as possible the Dark Lord will be incarcerated and confined to a cell for the rest of his days, so he will pay for all the male he has turned against us."

After this revelation I leave myself alone to be able to rest, before she left, I asked her to call the seamstress to help me take off my dress.

***

Pov Lilith

Leaving Sabrina's room I start looking for her seamstress shortly after finding her.

He told her that Sabrina needed help taking off her dress and that he had to go to her. Looking at her closely, I noticed her dark look filled with concern.

"Is something wrong, Rachel?"

She confided to me: "I am worried about the queen, my lady."

Why will she ever be worried? What happened?

So I asked him "Why are you worried about Sabrina?"

She seemed reluctant to answer but in the end she was almost forced to share her concerns with me.

"I am worried about the queen's greeting, she has been ill for many days. Even if she tries to hide it, I have noticed it and every day that passes she gets worse."

Immediately, the moment I walked into her room he came back to me and she was coughing.

What are you hiding from me this time Sabrina?

I informed her that she would henceforth observe difficulties that she might notice in the future.