Chapter 45 - New York

Start from the beginning

"God I love you." Tony smiles. I start to take one of the uniforms off, then slipping it over my suit.

"You know I love the suit still. I feel happy to be wearing it again." I smile.

"You look hot." Tony winks and puts the helmet on. We take the elevator to the lobby. I stay behind and watch as the team walks towards the door. "Thumbelina, do you copy? I've got eyes on the prize. It's go-time."

"Bombs away. Is... is that Axe body spray?" Scott asks, I look over at Tony and try not to laugh.

"Yeah, I had a can just for emergencies. Relax. Can we focus, please?"

"I'm going inside you. Now." Scott whispers.

As things get heated with Pierce and the team, 2012 Tony suddenly drops down onto the ground. The case slides over and Tony grabs its, I walk behind him towards the other door. "Good job. Meet us in the alley. I'm gonna grab a quick slice." Tony says to Scott.

Suddenly the Hulk crashed out from the stairwell and hits Tony, causing the case to slide back and in front of Loki.

I help Tony up as Loki disappears with the cube. "Fuck." I whisper as I help Tony outside.

The three of us sit in a broken car, waiting for Steve.

"I love Bruce but for fucks sake...."

"Don't." Tony stops me. I look up to see Steve ahead, "Cap....Sorry, buddy. We got a..problem."

"Huh. Yeah, we do." Scott rolls his eyes.

"Well, what are we gonna do now?" Steve asks as I get out of the car.

"You know what? Give me a break, Steve. I just got hit in the head with the Hulk." Tony raises his voice.

"You said that we had one shot. This...this was our shot. We shot it. It's shot. Six stones or nothing. Six stones or nothing–" Scott yells.

"You're repeating yourself, you know that? You're repeating yourself." Tony argues, he comes over to stand next to me, Scott following.

"You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself. You know– No." Scott yells.

"Dude, come on." I roll my eyes.

"You never wanted a time heist, you went on board with the time heist–" Scott starts.

"I dropped the ball." Tony shrugs.

"You ruined the time heist."Scott argues.

"Is that what I did?" Tony asks.

"Yeah!"

"Are there any other options with the Tesseract?" Steve interrupts the two.

"No, no, no. There's no other options. There's no do-overs. We're not going anywhere else. We have one particle left. Each. That's it, alright? We use that– Bye, bye. You're not going home." Scott sighs.

"Yeah, well if we don't try, then no one else is going home, either." I point.

Tony immediately steps forward, "I got it. There's another way. To retake the Tesseract and acquire new particles. We'll stroll down memory lane. Military installation, Garden State."

"When were they both there?" Steve asks.

"They were there at a– I've a vaguely exact idea." Tony mumbles.

"How vague?" I ask.

"What are you talking about? Where are we going?" Scott steps up.

"I know for a fact they were there–" Tony says.

"Who's they? What are we doing?" Scott says again.

"And I know how I know." Tony whispers.

"Guys, what's up? What is it?" Scott interrupts.

"Well, it looks like we're improvising." I sigh.

"Right. What are we improvising?"

"Scott, get this back to the compound. Go with him Y/N." Tony hands Scott the scepter.

"No Tony. I go with you." Tony gives me a look, "I'm going." I step up.

Tony sighs, "Suit up." We click the button to our quantum suits.

"What's in New Jersey?" Scott asks.

"Shhhhh." I say to Scott as I type in the numbers Steve and Tony say.

"0-4," Tony starts.

"0-4"

"Uhh, 0-7."

"0-7."

"Excuse me..." Scott tries to get in front of us.

"1-9-7-0." Tony nods.

"Are you sure?" Steve asks.

"Cap. Captain. Steve, sorry, America. Rogers. Look, if you do this, and this doesn't work, you're not coming back." Scott says.

"Thanks for the pep talk, pissant." Tony rolls his eyes. "Do you trust me?" He asks Steve and I.

"I do."

"Yes." I nod.

"Your call." Tony says to Steve.

"Here we go." Steve nods.

Our helmets go on and we we enter the quantum relm.