The sickening crack of a can as soon as my feet landed on the ground, echoed throughout the alley.

My eyes widened in suspense as the 2 figures in front of me snapped their heads at my direction in an instant.

"We have an audience." The man with the blonde pushed back hair stated.

"Didn't anybody tell you it's dangerous to wander around in this time of the night?" The woman mused and touched the tip of her dagger.

Run.

Run!

Now!

It took some time to get my legs to work, but I didn't hesitate to move away from them as soon as it did. I tripped on something and fell when I started to run, but I got back up in a matter of seconds.

"Ryder. He's all yours."

The man said, before I took off as fast as my feet would carry me. I couldn't hear anything besides the sound of my heart beating as I ran. The cold weather didn't help calm my nerves, instead, it made it even more eratic.

I didn't know where I was going, but I just kept on running. I didn't look back for even one second because there was only one thing on my mind.

Escape.

As I hastily turned around on the corner, I bumped into something hard. I fell down on my butt and breathed heavily as I looked at what I bumped into.

Or more like... A who.

I couldn't get a proper look at his face, but he was as tall or maybe even taller than Matt. I was about to apologize to him when my eyes darted down to what he was wearing.

"Y-You're one o-of t-them." I stammered because my teeth was chattering. I couldn't control the fear that seeped out of me as I crawled away while facing him.

"D-Don't come a-any closer!" I said with a trembling voice. I saw him tilt his head before he vanished in an instant.

"Boo." He whispered from behind me.

The hair all over my body stood up and I screamed my lungs out as I got up and ran away again.

I could hear his footsteps behind me, and I guess luck wasn't on my side because this path led to a dead end.

No!

I panicked and thought of climbing the metal fence but I knew that I'll never make it so I just stayed on the side where the light was on.

The man who followed me slowly began to decrease the distance between us as he came closer to me. As he stepped out of the dark, and into the light, my heart began to beat even more faster.

I've never felt anything like this. Maybe it's because of fear? Or... Something else?

I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He was my predator, but he was also the one who made my blood alive. It's like my whole body was on fire and the heat overpowered my fear.

His piercing amber eyes captivated me. His short tousled black hair that was as dark as the night, his sinful yet so attracting lips and his physique that even his cloak couldn't hide, entranced me.

He's beautiful.

"Are you lost?"

His deadly cold gaze landed on me and I was suddenly brought back to reality. He glided gracefully like a tiger ready to pounce at any moment.

My survival insticts once again took over me and my eyes raked around the surroundings to find anything I could use as a weapon.

"I can smell your fear." His husky voice echoed in my ear and it sent tingles throughout my body.

I tried to look strong but the trembling wouldn't stop.

"P-Please j-just let m-me go." I pleaded while feeling the wood from behind my back. His gaze never left mine and he was getting closer by the second.

"I didn't see anything, I swear! I'll keep my mouth shut! I promise! J-Just please let me.."

"Go!" I charged at him with full strength and speed. I was about to hit him with the wood when I was suddenly grabbed by the neck and pinned to the wall.

"Uck!" I choked and the wood was snatched away from my hand in an instant. I started punching his arm repeatedly and tried to get out of his hold

"One wrong move and you're dead. Do you want me to end you instead of saving you?" He asked and cocked his head to the side. I stopped struggling and immediately looked at him in the eyes.

"W-What?" I manage to whisper out despite his hold on my neck.

"Let's just get this over with. Look at me." He commanded and I was even more confused. 

No. No, he's going to kill you. He's just lowering down your guard!

With that in mind, I started to panic and struggled even more. As soon as he saw my reaction, he loosened his grip, in hopes of calming me down.

Adrenaline rushed through my body and I used that chance to hit him in the face with my head. He was taken by surprise but I barely even made a scratch.

My forehead ached, and what I did seemed to piss him off. He growled dangerously and closed his eyes. I started to fear for the worst and unconsciously bit down on my lower lip where my wound was located.

Oh, God. Please help me.

I suddenly remembered my Mother and Hannah, and it immediately brought tears to my eyes.

I'm so so sorry, Mom. I'm sorry I can't help you anymore. I'm sorry if I won't come back. I wished a different life for the 3 of us and I'm sorry if I won't be able to make it come true. I want you to know that I love you and Hannah with all my heart. You've given me more than I could wish for. I never resented Dad for suddenly leaving but I wish I could see him one last time. Don't miss me too much okay? I love you.

I whimpered as tears fell out of my eyes. I suddenly tasted blood and I realized that I was biting my lower lip so hard to the point that my wound opened up and drew blood.

The predator in front of me suddenly grew silent so I looked at him, only to find his eyes focused on my wounded lip. I grew conscious all of a sudden and involuntarily ran my tongue over it.

"You-"

He cut his own words off and his grip on my neck suddenly grew stronger, taking me by surprise. The expression on his face looked surprised and at the same time like he was battling himself. He seemed... thirsty. No, more like, starved.

I got even more scared when I saw his pupils turn into a gold color. My eyes widened in response and asked the question that was bugging my mind.

"W-What a-are you?"

Our eyes met for a moment but I never got my answer because he devoured my mouth in an instant.

A/N: Ooohh!!🙈🤭🤭 We are so getting there❤️✨🔥 You know it when you know it💅😘