🥦chapter 25: Baby Steps 🥦

Start from the beginning

The humiliation and the memory of it all still felt fresh in his flesh, and the next moment he would start choking and gagging out whatever little he had been fed, while streams of tears rolled down his cheeks.

He would be coughing and whacking until his throat would be raw and scraped till it bled. Subsequently he had to be put on saline and liquid food diets until he could eat without feeling overwhelmed again.

It broke Boun in a thousand pieces to see him suffer this way. To witness the harm, he and his family had brought upon his mate. To know that they themselves were the cause of his pain and he hated himself even more for the fact that he was helpless, he didn't know how to make things better.

Prem had insisted he wanted to stay alone in his own room when he first arrived and woke up from his unconsciousness to find himself laying in a new room with new surroundings around him.

He had panicked and rushed and thrashed the doors, screaming to let him out and falling on the floor and crying his eyes out again.

In his fit, he didn't even realize that the doors were just shut closed. Boun rushed quickly when he heard the noise.
When he held prem, he let him and sunk into his arms.

"I would never lock you up , love. Shh, it's alright, it's alright. It's just you and me here" he cooed.

Prem had whimpered and said he wanted to be alone in his own room so
Boun wasn't left with much choice but respect his mate's decision and not force him into any uncomfortable situation whatsoever.

However, Boun realized that it was a terrible idea that very night when he woke up to hear screams coming from Prem's room. When he rushed there, Prem was shuddering in his sleep, in cold sweat and deliriously mumbling incoherent words.

Boun wrapped his arms around him to provide some comfort to the boy and helped him up slowly in hushed tones to wake him up from his nightmare without startling him.

Boun wished he could erase the horrible past and redo it over again. But the harm had already been done. All he could do was nurse him back into health and one day happiness.

He had decided henceforth he would no longer let the boy sleep or even be alone for a second. He couldn't leave him out of his sight. At least Alex wouldn't let him. His wolf kept howling to revive Prem and hold him closer and lick his face but Prem was too weak as well as scared to shift for the time being and it took all in Boun to resist his urge to let Alex out, who kept crying in pain at not being able to be close to his mate and comfort him.

Although they were mates, they had nothing intimate between them for the time being.

Prem had been reduced to a curled-up ball in the room all day long and shudder even at a slight comforting touch from Boun, who tried his best to undo the harm done but the past was irreversible. The boy was scarred and even though Boun knew it would heal with time, it would never go away totally. He wondered if his innocent mate would ever be able to trust anyone ever again.

However, he was firm that he wouldn't lose hope, he would wait for a miracle to happen, to gain back Prem's trust as well as Ken's. To give him at least one last chance to undo his wrongs and make it right.

Two months had passed.

Prem was finally starting to open once again. It was all a very gentle experimenting curve. They would exchange small words, even smaller smiles, a back rub here and there if the day got lucky.

They would sleep together, with Boun maintaining a comfortable distance unless he would see Prem in discomfort or stirring in his sleep, in which case he would wrap his arms around the younger boy and give him the comfort that he needed.