Chapter 16

A/N: Woo! Drama time!!! Send in your thoughts, ideas and opinions my way. Also head over to my page and start requesting one-shots. As always I hope you enjoy this chapter! Things are about to get real spicy here. Hope you're also enjoying my book so far. We're almost halfway...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The first thing on (Y/N)'s mind was a steaming cup of coffee. She loved her short blacks like no other. Because if there was anything in the world she cared about, it was problem solving and efficiency. Her arm linked to his, the two walked in, seating themselves to a table. The bustle and commotion of a public venue set the atmosphere around them - a very friendly and welcoming environment. 

Miguel proceeded to order, leaving (Y/N) to sit alone. Due to the long line, he obliged to wait in line. What a gentleman, he was. 

Meanwhile, a familiar presence across the room sent chills down (Y/N)'s spine. She leaned forward to catch a glimpse of this person. Was she experiencing dejavu? One could only tell if she figured out who this person was. Broad shoulders, long hair, always representing his team. Classic marketing strategy. Definitely a male.

He turned to notice her staring right back at him. Upon his approach, he smirked down at her, completely unaffected after the night he was supposedly cheated on.

"What are you doing here, Xander?" (Y/N) spat as her cold shallow eyes were glaring his way.

"Same as you. I have a date" he gestured over to Luna who nervously turned away.

A shocked (Y/N) slammed her hands on the very table she was seated at. Anger, confusion, disappointment. A series of mixed emotions took over, wondering why on earth her best friend would be out with a guy like him. 

"I'm joking. You know it's so cute how you take everything seriously." he chuckled. "She's here as a friend. You know, she's my friend too."

"Over my dead body" (Y/N) scoffed, immediately dismissing him. "What I wanna know is what the hell you said to her that she had to come out here with you. Because I know Luna hates you just as much. So cut the crap and tell me what the hell you want with her?"

"I think..." Xander responded, enjoying a sip of his coffee. "We both know the answer to that, bunny"

Confused, (Y/N) shook her head, dismissing him completely. To her, it was entirely possible that Xander had nothing worthwhile to say, given how stupid he was to her - even though she knew he was Terry's son. 

"I don't know what you're talking about but stay away from me. Stay away from my friends and boyfriend" she demanded, dismissing his presence.

She noticed Xander's sudden change of expression, clearly indicating he knew exactly what was going on. A still confused (Y/N) attempted to think things through, trying to put the pieces together. It was so obvious to her. How could she have missed that?

"You broke in and took the papers, didn't you?" she scoffed. 

Xander bent down and leaned in to her ear. He inhaled deeply like it was his last breath. He pursed his lips and finally spoke.

"Meet me at the Topanga Karate Dojo. 10pm. Because I know exactly who you are. You can run but your friend won't..." he huffed.

"Miss Sparrow"

(Y/N)'s eyes widened in shock, like she had just gone through something traumatic. She could've sworn she had concealed her identity as best as she could. She also trusted Luna wouldn't say anything. She trusted her best friend more than anything else in the world, given Luna was the first person to speak to her when she first came to West Valley High.