Chapter 8

A/N: I'm honestly proud of the way I've written Luna's character lol. I hope you guys like her too. She may not be in Cobra Kai but she's definitely one of my favourites.

---

"Haven't seen Xander around much" Luna protested, taking a bite out of her lunch. "Everything ok with you two?"

"He's got exams..." she responded with a dull and gloomy expression. "I think he'll be off to college anytime soon."

(Y/N) nodded as everything was going perfectly fine between her and Xander. But she couldn't shake off the fact that she had noticed someone of a familiar presence last night. She picked up her lunch tray, gesturing Luna to join her, by tilting her head to the side, over at Miguel's direction.

"I thought you didn't want to be friends with him" she retorted, facing Miguel at the same time and greeting him with a wave, simultaneously.

Ignoring her comment, (Y/N) went to sit exactly where Miguel was patting his seat, repeatedly till she made it. She set her lunch tray on the table next to him, tucking her shirt further in so her back wouldn't show. The duo introduced themselves to the group, acknowledging each person seated at the table.

"These are all my Cobra Kai friends. Hawk, Bert, Aisha and Mitch... Aisha, you've already met" Miguel gestured for (Y/N) to meet them.

Handshakes and acknowledgements were exchanged until Luna caught a member's eye. (Y/N) glanced over at the boy, evidently checking her out. He had curly hair, a cheeky smile and was a little chubby and had the best sense of fashion. She observed Luna exchanging a handshake with the boy, only to find out their moment lasted a lot longer than expected. More than the others.

"Luna. Nice to meet you"

"Mitch... Pleasure is all mine" he winked.

(Y/N) leaned forward, clearing her throat as loud as possible, enough for the group to hear. She sat back in her spot, as the group started to talk about their karate training sessions, excited for their session this afternoon. 

"I do yoga in that same studio" Luna interrupted, gasping in shock. "So who's that guy in the black gi? I see him around a lot."

"Sensei Lawrence" Aisha added.

Luna leaned over to (Y/N)'s ear, covering the side of her mouth with one hand so the others wouldn't hear what she had to say.

"Sensei Lawrence..." she flirtatiously mocked. 

A disgusted (Y/N) rolled her eyes, chuckling as she playfully punched her arm. She focused her attention back on the group, listening and observing as they discussed everything karate-related.

"So, (Y/N) wanna check out Cobra Kai sometime? I think my sensei would love to meet you..." Miguel offered.

She took a long pause as the others were now giving her their undivided attention. Unsure at first, she looked to Luna for some answers. But she got nothing. She took another moment of herself to be fully sure of what her answer was about to be. 

Until she finally agreed.

---

"QUIET" Johnny echoed across the room for all his students to hear. "I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic. But if you do what I tell you to, you'll at least have a chance of becoming a fighter... But to do that, you gotta fight" 

He continued to speak, as means of lecturing his students. He then took another long pause as the room was ridiculously quiet.

As much as (Y/N) wanted to fight him, she looked around, hoping Johnny would pick someone else until she felt a pair of eyes set on her.