Chapter Fourteen

My eyes had just skimmed past the third chapter in my book when I heard the door to the apartment open. I froze. I knew it would be Grey, he's the only one with keys to my apartment but I was still to see and figure out his mood from my earlier actions.

He was laughing so I'm thinking it wasn't that bad, right? Who the hell am I kidding, no one could predicts this mans mood.

I watched as he came into the light of the kitchen, his suit jacket neatly folded over his arm and the tip few buttons of his shirt undone. Hot damn. He was definitely a sight for sore eyes.

The moment he tossed the keys loudly onto the kitchen island followed next by his suit jacket, I got my answer regarding his mood. He was pissed. Ultimately, I should have looked at his face because it gave it all away.

He stood, placing his palms flat on the countertop as he stared at me on the sofa. I didn't miss his eyes checking me out first though. The blanket was long gone after my act of bravery earlier, I was too hot to put it back on. So I ended up just sitting here with my legs stretched, book in hand and chilling. Grey however, looked anything but chilled.

"Hey." I quietly greeted him closing my book and placing it to the side of me.

He watched me for a few moments. "I didn't expect you to be awake still, it's after midnight." He told me, his voice low.

"I was waiting on you." I shrugged staring back at him but he moved his eye sight away, focusing on the TV and I watched as his jaw tensed.

"You shouldn't have." His voice cold.

I slightly recoiled at his statement. "You didn't want me to wait up for you?" I asked but I'm sure he could tell that his words had hurt me in some way because I wasn't hiding it.

"No."

"Why?" I asked softly trying to keep the tension in the room even. "I'm happy to see you." I told him truthfully and I meant it, these pregnancy hormones were causing me to do and feel a vast amount of crazy emotions. I don't think I've ever felt this needy for Grey, I didn't mind it though.

I stood up from the sofa, softly making my way over to him and feeling the coldness of the floor against my bare feet. He watched as I advanced towards him and I could see the muscles his arms flex, his hands turning white with the force he was putting down on them against the counter top.

"I'm angry Emily, I'm begging you just to go to bed." No Angel tonight then.  "Please don't defy me on this, I'm trying to stay calm but if you keep pushing...I'm going to start shouting and your going to end up crying." I winced at his statement but I didn't listen to him, I would probably cry either way especially if I went to bed and he left.

I rounded the kitchen island so I was standing a few feet in front of him. "I'm sorry." I mumbled quietly reaching for his hand but he pulled it away, rejecting my touch.

"Go.To.Bed." He fumed out turning to me with stoney eyes. "Emily just fucking listen for once and go to bed." He groaned, lifting his hand to his hair and combing through it in frustration.

"Will you at least speak to me?" I offered and I watched as he slowly shook his head, leaning against the countertop.

"Not tonight." He ground out.

"Why are you being like this?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "If this is about that phone call then you can save it Grey, he had no right to do that to Benny. It's not only an invasion of his privacy it's an invasion of mine. He deserved everything that I said and I don't regret it for one moment." I fumed crossing my hands over my chest.