Chapter Three

The Charity Event rolled in quickly and by the time I managed to get here, Mr Smith was waiting at the entrance like he said he would be. What amazed me was the amount of publicity that surrounded this event. Derek Smith had kindly arranged for his driver to pick me up from my apartment and bring me to the event, I was glad.

The moment I stepped out of the car, I was mobbed with flashing cameras. Something which I wasn't prepared for but given the fact they were kept behind a barrier, I was able to deal with the situation more efficiently than I had in the past.

Tonight was about representing E.T Publications and I planned on doing that, this organisation was my baby and I was damn proud of what I had achieved in such a short period of time. My investment was worth the risk.

I watched as Derek beamed a smile, lifting my hand to his mouth and placing a small peck on the back of my hand. A gentleman for sure. "You look absolutely stunning Emily."

"Thank you." I smiled.

I had actually made an effort to my look, I was dressed in my gorgeous coral dress. It was a showstopper and I had to make an effort to match that. I added volume to my curly locks before pinning my hair up and leaving a few loose curls to frame my face.

I had applied a fair amount of make up to cover the exhaustion that was present under my eyes. My shimmery eyeshadow making my brown eyes pop and a pink tint to my lips with some gloss.

I matched my diamond teardrop pendant earrings with a tear drop neckless that sat perfectly between my cleavage. Yes, this baby was cooking wonders within me and giving mama knockers to be proud of. Thank you little one. Just please don't let them get any bigger or I won't fit into any dress like this again.

Derek placed my hand in the crook of his arm and led me into the ballroom with was decorated beautifully. A grand stage was at the far end of the room, a starlit dance floor in front of it and rows of round tables from there on. A large bar area was situated to the left of the room in the direction that Derek was taking me.

It was breath taking.

"So tell me about this Charity, I didn't have the chance to ask you the other day." I spoke lightly as we continued the path to our seats.

"It's called Family Home." Derek told me enthusiastically, "It's an amazing charity and all profits help orphaned and abandoned children to find a loving family. They provide a lot of support to the kids, they're work is admirable."

Admirable it was indeed.

"Are you able to appoint on how I can make a donation?" I asked as he stopped in his tracks to smile at me.

"Have you been to a Charity Event before?" I shook my head as he laughed, "This night is all about raising money for the Charity. They have a few things planned so keep your ears open and eyes peeled, I'm sure by the end of the night your donation will be accounted for."

I smiled before taking a glance at our table. Three older men were vacant in the chairs around the table, only two women besides me. A younger man roughly around the age of me sat quietly beside one of the women, furiously typing away on his phone.

"Emily, let me introduce you." Derek spoke loudly catching those at the tables attention, "This is Jim Fargo and his wife Sharon, owners of Fargo Industries." Fargo Industries a construction and manufacturing organisation, I had heard of them before. "This is Clayton and Melanie Taylor. Owners of Taylor Fashion Corp." High end fashion, check. "This is Earl Blackstone. Owner of Blackstone Finance and his son, Carson Blackstone."

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm Emily Theron, I'm the CEO of E.T Publications." I smiled warmly taking my seat between Derek and Carson.

"Emily it's lovely to meet you." I looked up to the eyes of Melanie Taylor her beauty striking. "You've made a brilliant impression on Derek and his account. Normally things like this are a hassle, he told me it was a breeze." I smiled at Derek's appreciation.