Chapter 2 - Breakfast

——— Trigger Warning ———
——— Fighting/Swearing ———

— Tubbo pov —

I heard someone shout Tommy's name and could see him swing round out of the corner of my eye. I could guess why was about to happen as I was immediately pushed away by Tommy
'RUN' he ordered. I sped off trying to find an adult, but none was in sight. "Where are they all?" I thought to myself. I turn around and see that Tommy was already on the floor being kicked by three older kids. Tears built up on the edge of my eyes. Seeing Tommy like that... I hated it. He always made sure he was the one that took the bearings whether it was in an abusive household or at the orphanage. I wiped my eyes before any tears could fall "not the time" I thought to myself. I ran around the corner still trying to find someone. Someone who could stop this.

— Tommy pov —

They just kept kicking me in the stomach, over and over again. It was never ending. The first kick instantly took the wind out of me. After what seemed to be forever, they stopped kicking me. I stayed still, just pretending to be unconscious, they would usually leave if they've knocked me unconscious. I could still hear them though, they were laughing. I opened my eyes just slightly, enough to see but also enough so they couldn't tell I was looking. I could see someone in between me and them. "This couldnt be Tubbo... could it?" I questioned in my head. "No way, Tubbo wouldn't put himself in danger" I replied to myself.

— Tubbo pov —

I ran back round the corner with Miss Smith. She had been outside getting some games ready for playtime. I could see Tommy still laying on the floor. I started tearing up again. This time it was different though... someone was standing in between him and the three kids. It was Ranboo, he always acted like an older brother to me and Tommy. He didn't quite understand danger, he knew when he was in it but it never really got to him.
I could see the kids laughing at him. It just made me tear up more, this time it's a mix between happy and sad tears. Mainly sad tears, seeing Tommy hurt just broke me more and more on the inside.

The kids continued laughing as Miss Smith walked up to them. As soon as they saw Miss Smith they immediately stopped laughing and went bright red. "Maybe. Maybe this time they will stop" I thought to myself.

Tommy declines going to the nurses office, like he always did. I even tried my puppy eyes on him but he didn't budge, he always said 'it's nothing, I'll be ok' which I hated, I could get him to do pretty much anything else. Just not that.

— Tommy pov —

I left Tubbo sat at the table to get our breakfast. It was easier if I done it since I don't like eating much, it always made me feel sick and every time I ate I could hear voices telling me nasty things.
I went up, and got myself a little bit of bread and Tubbo his normal toast, jam and butter. It was probably his favourite thing the orphanage could provide. I also sneakily grabbed some biscuits for Tubbo and a few more for Ranboo since he helped me. I stuffed them into my pockets and walked back over to Tubbo, he still had puffy eyes from crying but with both the food and the surprise he should be back to his joyous ways soon.
'Hey Tubs, you still got one guess left' I mentioned as I placed his breakfast in front of him.
'Why have you only got a piece of bread?' He questioned me, obviously ignoring what I said.
'I'm not that hungry' I replied. He sighed and gave me a worried look
'Ok, but eat it all please' he pleaded with more puppy eyes. I nodded and decided to repeat what I said before
'You still got one guess left' his eyes sparkled as he gave me a quick smile then began thinking.
'Is it a... uhhhhh. Nah... oo is it... no that's too big.' He muttered to himself. This kept going for a couple of minutes before he gave up thinking.
'I can't think of anything... is like a bee or something?' He asked. 'Not a bee, but we can go see a bee later ok?' I said trying to cheer him up. He looked down for a second
'It's not a big surprise but there's two things' I said stopping for a second to get the biscuits out of my pocket
'surprise number one is biscuits!' I bring them up from under the table and place them in front of him.
'The other surprise is that we have a family coming to see you at 2:00pm!' I could see his face light up even more and then turn into a confused face.
'Me?' He questioned 'what about you?' He added on
'Sorry, I meant us.' I rubbed the back of my neck. I am more focused on getting Tubbo adopted, he's the better one out of us. He has a big future ahead of him. So I try my best to get him adopted and if I get adopted along with him then great, but he was my focus.

Tubbo was very excited, he started stuffing his face with toast as if it made time go quicker.
'Calm down Tubs, you'll choke' I mention to him as he scoffs down the other piece of toast. He nodded to show he understood but kept eating anyways. I chuckled to myself as this was happening. Ranboo came and sat down next to me, he didn't say a thing, he just kind of awkwardly sat there until he turned to me 'you good now Tommy?' He turned his head slightly to the left. I nodded and quickly reached for my pockets 'here. Thanks for helping me' I say as I pass him the biscuits 'I could've beaten them up myself but yeah' I mumbled under my breath. 'I know, but you didn't have to!' He gave a big smile and then went back to his usual blank face. I guess he heard the last part. Tubbo kicked me lightly under the table, making me turn to him. He tugged on his ear lobe, which meant he wanted me to eat more. I started nibbling at the bread and felt sick after a few seconds. I kept going for a bit longer since Tubbo wanted me to eat, but stopped after it became too much. A little throw up came up but I swallowed it immediately hoping no one saw. Luckily no one did. I turned back to Ranboo but he was gone. When- huh. He's good at sneaking.

Tubbo had finished stuffing his face and I just didn't want to eat anymore, so I quickly hid the price of bread under the table and pretended I had eaten it all. We both got up and made our way back to our room. I quickly ran to the bin and threw the remaining bread into it without Tubbo knowing.

We made it back to our room, and Tubbo immediately went and picked up some of the toys from the basket and played with them. I found a note from Miss Smith on the night stand

'Be ready for 1:30pm, make sure your room is tidy. Here is the notebook to use, this might be your last day'

I didn't read it, it's the same message we've had three times. Once for every time we've been adopted. This happens to every kid that could be adopted. Its kind of like a treat before leaving I guess. Like at the doctors or something.
'Hey Tubs, the notebooks here if you wanna watch cartoons or something to pass the time' he stopped playing with his toys and ran straight to the notebook. He didn't know the code, only I did since I was the oldest. I typed in the password and looked on YouTube for some cartoons, Tubbo would point to everything that interested him and I would click on it and makes sure it was ok for him to watch. Which wasn't really necessary because all he chose was videos about bees or minecraft, sometimes even minecraft bees. I quickly skipped through a video to make sure it was all good, which it was, and then sat it down on the floor so Tubbo could watch. I left him there and went to the desk to draw.

—————
Hi!
Its me again, I hope you enjoyed the second chapter. I am really trying my best so I'm sorry if it's bad.
Again, if you have any advice please do let me know! :)

Jake :)

Word Count: 1447 words